Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back and foot numbness

It's been quite awhile since I've posted or been on this site - which has been a good thing. However, I have recently been experience some alarming symptoms and Im running out of patience. In September of 2011, I was 28 years old and facing my first major surgery - a 2 level laminextomy and discectomy. I was scared out of my mind but knew I was making the best choice. My surgeon at Georgetown was outstanding and the surgery couldn't have gone any better. For almost 3 full years, I've been about 85% pain free. I did whatever I wanted from riding roller coasters to standing or waking for hours on end. Now, the numbness to my left foot has returned all over. The feeling of electrical shocks is constant. The regular numbness extends from the left side of my left foot, up my ankle and throughout he back of my calf. Additionally, my new symptom is numbness and weakness at the surgery site which I've never had before. It feels numb like when you go to the dentist and you can feel that your mouth is puffy but it's not tingly. It just feels like this part of my back is missing if that makes any sense. I'm so distraught at the idea of another surgery. I heard going in after a laminectomy has already been done is a nightmare. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Has anyone had another surgery after a laminectomy? I'm only 31 and the thought of a second back surgery has me scared and feeling a bit sad. Any info or words of wisdom is appreciated!

• first, to determine what exactly is going on, and then what treatments can /need to be done. It may be that you have impinged a nerve and with some conservative treatment, the symptoms may be manageable.
    Best of luck to you