Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery 1/30/15 360 multi level fusion L3-S1 w instrumentation .

PaulaparePPaulapare Posts: 4
edited 01/01/2015 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi folks, I tried to get this post on before but messed up somehow. Looking to build support system prior to my fusion. This will be 2nd one. 1st in 1989 at 28. I have grade 2 Spondylolethesis, severe foraminal stenosis, central stenosis, DDD , severe facet arthritis. Etc. all the mess that goes with spondy.
At this point I've read as much as I can to inform myself on the process. This one will be so much bigger and more involved than the last. I thank all of you who have contributed your experience , strength, and hope on recovery. I know this is going to be a long bumpy road. Mentally , emotionally, as well as physically. Putting strategies together for that as well. I do suffer w depression as I'm sure many of us do. One obstacle is allowing people to help. I'm a do it yourself kind of gal. Mostly I just want to say I never would have been as prepared as I am, if not for your sharing. Post op must haves list is priceless.
Still waiting for medical clearance from pcp then hopefully the month will go fast and the waiting will be over. I'd love to stay connected and keep posting. Thanks.

• I had 12level fusion 4 weeks ago. The first 10 days were the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But... I am home now & well medicated for pain and walking every day. It is still tough, I feel like a bus has hit me and I get exhausted easily but each day is better and It's done, I did it! Each day has its tough parts ( the morning) & good parts when I am pain free & I get up to do something for 15 mins or so. I have a long road ahead but I am planning on being back at work in 2 months and all will be well, am just staying positive and taking it a day at a time. That is the key for me I think, being positive and reach little goals in regards to movements I can do & length of time I can be up pottering round the house before I'm stuffed again and have to rest. This state and its contributors has been great and I also loved the post op must haves!
    Good luck, stay positive and roll with it :)