Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cystic lesion on MRI

Stray TulipStray Tulip Posts: 3
edited 01/02/2015 - 5:27 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi, I'm new here. I've had chronic upper back pain for a few years...focus is between shoulder blades, sometimes deep and stabbing, but radiates across shoulder blades. Also oddly weak middle traps even though I use my arms a lot for my work. Have done physical medicine, physical therapy...pain and symptoms still don't make sense. Recent MRI ordered. Radiologist mentioned Chiari malformation, syrinx, and a cystic lesion. Neursurgeon disagreed with Chiari and syrinx. I met with him before getting access to the written radiology report. Now I notice he didn't mention the lesion at all, not to me or in his report. But radiology report says it's 10mm lesion at T5, likely from a foregut duplicate cyst. I sent a message to my doctor to ask if there is more information on this.

I'm not sure why it wasn't brought up. Not sure if it's relevant but I wasn't able to breathe when I was born and lungs later collapsed. No problems after that until early adulthood. Destabilized shoulders, scapular dysfunction, and now chronic spasms centered around spine between shoulder blades. I'm on tramadol and flexeril. Pain and spasms for a few years. Last year became difficult to sit. Lately it's hard to stand for very long...horrible pressure in upper spinal area. I know I can't expect medical advice here, but any thoughts or tips? Like does this sound like nothing or something worth asking for further tests? I've been trying hard to advocate for myself but I feel like a nag. And now spinal lesion with no follow-up. ???