Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help! Severe upper back pain on right side

Jo2kJJo2k Posts: 1
edited 01/03/2015 - 1:56 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Yesterday, while sitting and relaxing, I became aware of a pain in my upper back on the right side, kind of under the shoulder blade. It only really hurt when I tilted my head forward towards my chest and when turning my head from left to right. I went to bed and slept fine until the early hours when the pain in my back woke me up. Whatever position I lay in, the pain was there, and the only relief came from lying on my side with a cushion between my knees. Having got up in the morning and starting to move around, the pain is much worse. I went to get dressed and the pain became so bad I had to sit down. It still hurts to move my head around, but now even sitting still I can feel the pain, almost like it is in spasm or something, and even just breathing was making it hurt. It is the same area, upper right back, but the pain now also goes down the back of my right arm. I have taken some painkillers and that has eased things a bit. Sorry for rambling, but I am just worried this has come out of the blue. Although it feels like a muscle strain, I don't remember straining my back yesterday.