Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain?/tightness after starting 2nd year university

mujommujo Posts: 1
edited 01/07/2015 - 8:36 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hey just came across this website, thought I would try my chances and see if I could see if there are any ideas on factors I missed

So after moving into my new house for my second year at university, I noticed that my back would tighten up quite a bit. Especially my lower back, at first I thought it was the mattress so I bought a softer one, that seemed to have done it a little. But I then I realized my desk chair could also be causing the problem; I am currently on the hunt for a new one. I stayed away from the chair for a little while cause the tightness/pain would be recurring after sitting on it. A few months later I buy a road bike and ride excessively to a from university with a heavy 17" laptop in my backpack. I knew that, that would tighten everything up a lot; constant hamstring tightness and lower back pain ( not great ). Since then I have had a break from riding and being so destructive on my back, I adjusted my bike so it would be a lot more comfortable for me to ride, but decided to stop riding for a while and see how I feel. However this still doesn't seem to do it? :S After waking up, going to class and coming back I notice my back slowly tightens up, so when I come back home I have to crack it back over my chair for relief. I'm just a bit confused because this never used to happen last year. Maybe a foam roller might help? I've tried some stretching exercises before but never committed and went off track.

Any ideas/advice/input/response would be great! Do ask if you need to know anything more :)

I have watched some videos on Thorasic Extension and the Posterior chain. Got a little informed on the anatomy of the back.