Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ketamine injections

Has anyone ever had them also did the insurance cover it ?

• Heading to Chicago . Friday jan. 30 will have ketamine injections
    Feb. 20 in Chicagco stem cell injections
    Me an the family are soooo happy

Thanks To everyone for all your help
    God. Bless
  • Hopefully everything works out.
    I'm very excited but also very nervous
    I didn't. Have any comments on it don't know wether that's good or bad
  • Good luck, Mike, with the Ketamine injections. I hope all goes well and it gives you pain relief. I don't think the lack of comments on this subject is a good or bad thing. I can only speak for myself but I have never heard of Ketamine injections, maybe others haven't either, that could be the reason there are no comments. I do use an arthritis cream with Ketamine in it, it has numbing agent, nerve meds and other good things in it. It's really good. Have you used this?

Anyway, lots of luck Mike. Let us know how it works for you ;-)
  • ....that ketamine injections were used as an anesthetic? I didn't think it was used as your typical pain management med.

Mike, are you sure you have all this right? Perhaps they will be using it for the stem cell procedure? I'm a bit confused myself, hence why I didn't respond. Good point,Taren. Perhaps someone with some better information can chime in on this topic?
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,813
    No ketamine is used for very high pain levels. It can be in an injection or as for CRPS they may put you in ketamine coma to reset your central nervous system. Its usually used for high , uncontrolled pain. In reading about it and discussing with my dr there can be some after effects for short periods with your mental state.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • It takes 4 hours to go through.
    Let me know your outcome.
    I was wondering if anyone had any problems with it ?
  • Ketamine is an anesthetic of types. We used it a lot for Children in the ED who needed to be mildly sedated for certain procedures. Apparently it is used for chronic pain. I never really saw any untoward side effects except that a lot of the kids hallucinated, and the hallucinations weren't always nice ones, so some of the kids had issues. Here is a peer reviewed article from 2008....refers to it as Non optimal... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18298710