Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is it low back or hip problem

fedupmomffedupmom Posts: 1
edited 01/15/2015 - 8:37 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I'm a 45 yr old mom with Anklosing Spondylitis and arthritis in my hands, wrists, knee, shoulders and neck. Still not sure if the original diagnosis I got in 1997 of Fibromyalgia still stands after my health got worse after my pregnancies. I say that I am a "fedupmom" because after all the tests, medicines, and surgeries I still am not the mom I want to be for my kids! Especially, my 6 yr old son who has Down Syndrome among many other health problems, including being a survivor of AML (cancer).

I just had hip surgery after 3 1/2 yrs of messing around with it to fix my Labrum tear and an IT release on my left side that has been bothering me since my teens. I too have severe hip pain all over that goes down my legs some days to my knees and sometimes my feet. At night, I have to take Percocet for my RLS and the hip pain that I get on both sides after I lie on them for a while. It has been almost 5 months since the surgery and last month I believe I either hurt my hip again or it's my lower disc problems causing me my excruciating pain again??? Not knowing what to do...I drove back up to UNC to see my surgeon which is a very long drive and day for me to sit in a car. He of course said it was probably a restraining of the hip joint and gave my another shot of cortisone...which as usual didn't really do much!

I just called him again and told them that pain was getting worse and down the back of my butt to the front of my thigh and there are times I can barely walk it hurts so bad. I don't want to drive 3hrs to have him say it's my back or not know what to do again. I know I have a rotated pelvis; several bulging discs from L3 on down to my SI joints, and now I am taking more meds so I can have regular bowel movements/urinate everyday. I have done PT and OT along with very expensive pool therapy; message therapy; chiropractic care (don't get me started on that one) and several Pain Management injections that did not work!, but the docs still keep saying that I am too young for surgery and that my problems don't warrant surgery at this point!

What would you do if you were me, with a special needs son who I have to take care of but can't sufficiently because he weights too much for me to lift. Nor can I run, let alone walk fast after him when he runs away from me. He loves to play and run but I can't do anything like that with him now. Now, how does that not a good enough reason to do surgery for me???? All I want to do is take care of my family the way God meant for me to do!

There is a lot more to my story, but if you have any insight to my problem, please let me know. I forgot to say this to all of you who have similar problems...ask your docs about BIOLOGICAL MEDICINES. Luckily, after trying 2 of them the third, REMICADE, which I get infused every month has helped me tremendously with much of my pain elsewhere. God Bless ya'll for reading this :)