Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seroma found post op

Im 9 weeks post for a 3 level fusion......about a month ago i got hit with a major nerve type pain and insisted on an MRI earlier this week........

still waiting for doc to read the MRI but i got my hands on the report and images.

"There is a small 3 x 1.6 x 2.2 cm postoperative seroma arising anteriorly from the L5-S1 disc space."

see the gumball size seroma here.........

question is....what will they do? let my body absorb it? aspirate? if yes how are they going to do it? its in the front of my spine..........getting a little nervous here......comments please

• 4brad44brad Posts: 8
    edited 09/11/2015 - 4:48 AM
    Hi, I also developed a post op seroma seeming immediately following surgery. I had l4-5 disc removal, with hardware. I noted while in the hospital my right leg and foot was "hot" in temperature. I was checked for a blood clot, found nothing. My foot to my thigh started to get more and more swollen, for about 5 days then subsided. Since then the pain has gotten continually worse. At about 14 days post, my Dr ordered a CT and a MRI, w and without contract. CT confirmed all hardware was in place with no issues. Same with the MRI. Although the MRI showed I had a Seroma 8x5mm. Dr elected to wait and see, as the body "should" absorb the fluid in its own. No sign of infection was present. Sadly I am in more pain than before surgery. Best wishes and any updates will help us all that are having the same issue, thanks