Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Flustrated with doctors!

analeeaanalee Posts: 1
edited 01/27/2015 - 7:55 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Im new here so I hope this is where I should post. I have a lower back pain for at least five years. Up until January 1 2015 I didnt have insurance. I did have a primary doctor who would help me the best way he could without me having insurance and having to pay cash for everything. I had numerous cortisone injections in my lower spine. I was in a car accident in June 2014 and after I had worse back pain but I could still usually do everything like normal just kind of moved through the pain and spasms. With in the last 4 months Ive had at least 4 cortisone injections in lower spine on top of the multile injections I had in my lower back and knee in the past 4 years. Point being Ive had a lot of them in the past 5 years but for some reason with the last 2 shots with in 6 to 8 hours I had the worst migrain Ive ever had. Couldnt lift my head off pillow for 2 days and thought head was going to explode. My doctor said no more cortisone because of this and after researching cortisone and epidural injections I wouldnt want anymore. The problem is the pain in lower back continually got worse. I also have pain in mainly left hip. Now I have insurance but it seems like all the doctors want to do is make jump through hoops for anyone to help me. Before getting insurance I paid for an MRI lumbar region and they found Central disc hernation with left lateral disc bulge at L5-S1 causing left neural foraminal narrowing and effacement of the exiting root. They have all explained what it means but they all have different opinions on what will work and what wont work. But the bottom line is that in order to have surgery I have to go to PT even though its not covered and a epidural. Im flustrated because 2 doctors have said PT wont work because its a mechanical problem but the surgeon said do PT and got an attitude when I said I wont do an epidural.Do I have to get an epidural if the insurance company wont approve the surgery unless I do? Im in so much back pain and Ive been doing exercises at home that Pt would have me do but since Ive started the pins and needles are in both feet now and pain is worse. I just dont know what to do?