I am having fusions for L4-L5-S1 at the beginning of March. I have spoken to the surgeon and have read up on post-op do's & dont's.
Questions are more about what my spouse needs to know on how to care for me the first couple of weeks.
I will have a hard brace with rods.
1. Will I be wearing this brace all the time or when I get out of bed?
2. If laying down, what is the least painful way for her to get the brace on and off?
3. What is the best way for my helpers to get me up, down, etc
4. Did anyone find that a hospital bed was helpful for the first couple of weeks?
5. Seeing that my instructions state I shouldn't be walking around more than 2 to 3 times a day for the first 3 weeks, what did you do about using the bathroom?
As expected, I am frightened and could use any and all techniques that you found helpful.
Last, I'll be alone after the first 2 weeks. Good or bad?