Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Joint pains

DjayDDjay Posts: 1
edited 02/04/2015 - 9:30 PM in Chronic Pain
I have joint pains in my shoulders lower back knees and hips it's so bad I could give up easy. Waiting for blood test results but if it's OA what are the best pain mess as I've tried most. Please help if u can

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Djay

Have you had any type of fusion surgery or is this just out of the blue?

Please let me know if you would like my opinion on it.

PS OA as in Osteoarthritis?
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I've lived with both Spinal problems/pain and Joint problems/pain.

Over the years, I would say that spinal problems are more chronic in the fact that they are they forever!. Joint problems generally come on, gradually worsen and get to the point where surgery is required. Even though that period couild be up to 3 years, I look at that as more as "Acute" pain, only because I know surgery will eliminate the pain.

Blood wok will identify if you have (RA) Rheumatoid Arthritis. Bone Scans and MRI, and better X-Rays help identify if you have OA (Osteoarthritis) and to what degree.

If I had the option, I would hope for RA. While RA patients can suffer and their pain can be deliberating at times, they do have medications to help them.

Not so with OA. There is NO cure for Osteoarthritis. Generally, as it worsens, and the joints degrade, its a bone on bone situation where then surgery is required. Due to OA, I have had both of my shoulders and hips totally replaced with new hardware and implants. OA is still ripping through my body and has started on my knees. Its just a matter of time before my knees will need to be replaced.

But the best site to read all about Arthritis, is Veritas LLC's Arthrisitsis Health - Trusted Information
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com