Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mri results for back - PLEASE CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IN PLAIN ENGLISH MY 2nd MRI RESULTS

Sjan123SSjan123 Posts: 2
Hi I injured my self 7 months ago doing exercise at home repetitive movement off the leg, pain appeared 2 days later and got worse through out the months.
pain symptoms in right side leg are -
Feels swollen in my right butt cheek , lower back pain,
Pain radiating down the back of my right leg down to my knee,
Tingling feeling in my right foot,
I have a sort off numb sensation near my anal area that has been there for past 5 weeks, some times I do not make it in time to toilet and stool my self by the time I get to the toilet.
( No issues with urine so far )
Pain getting up from standing in/out of car ,
In agonising pain doing simple dutys like putting on my socks, simlpe house hold duties standing up to cook my self a meal. Driving pressing on pedal car.
( please note with all this medication below I was having all this pain and crying )

1 lansoprazole 30mg
1 x 2 a day codeine phosphate
15mg ( if require more can take but I just try stick to 2 max a day)
2 x 2 paracetamol 500mg ( if more can take but I take this amount only )
1 x 2 naproxen 500mg

1st Mri done for pelvic
results were -
minor fluid over the greater trochanter consistent with minor trochanteric bursitis

Then about 8 weeks ago went to a muscular- skeletal triage clinic
she said I have piriformis syndrome along with sciatica and was given additional medication

1 night amitriptyline 10 mg

1 x 3 gabapentin 300 mg

These new two additional tablets with old medication finally gave me control of my pain, I was able to walk straight again with no limp, I was able to sit and get up from a chair with out tears. So 2 weeks later I took out my paracetamol And codeine phosphate but 36 hours later I was back in so much pain crying all the old Symptoms were back same as before so I dived back To all the medication.

Currently I am seeing a physiotherapist , she told me to do these exercises 3 times a day .

Nero flossing 20 times each side ( this brings on more tingling in my right foot and can not lift foot up much )
Core exercise- bridge total 10 with a 5 seconds hold
Side-lying Clam Exercise - 20 each side
Piriformis stretch-
Lying on your back with both knees bent, gently place the ankle of the side to be stretched upon your opposite knee. Then place the hand of the same side to be stretched on your knee as shown and gently push your knee away from you.
Hold: 20 – 30 seconds

Now I have had a 2nd Mri results have said -

They are degenerative changes at L5/S1 where there is a right paracentral disc protrusion

Disc material indents the thecal sac and causes right lateral recess stenosis

This may affect the transiting right s1 nerve root

They is no evidence of exit foramen stenosis
---
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IN PLAIN ENGLISH MY 2nd MRI RESULTS

Here is some general info about me before I injured my self -
Age - 43
Female
Height - 5ft 4
Weight - 9.10 stones
Hobbies- gym classes lessmills combat / pump and spin classes (at least 3 times a week)
Job - looking after children does not require lifting .
Genral - a very active happy person, enjoying time with friends and holidays abroad , full time house wife also looking after my own 3 children doing all cooking and house hold duties.

Thank you for reading any replies most welcome

There is nobody on the forum qualified or permitted to interpret or advise on a scan this is something you need to discuss with your doctor
http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/mri-reports-why-we-cant-advise
advertisement

Comments

advertisement