Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all

IelleIIelle Posts: 1
edited 02/08/2015 - 7:28 PM in New Member Introductions
I am a 34 year old female suffering from chronic neck, right shoulder and arm pain. I have had 2 ACDF's post motor vehicle accident. The first ACDF was in May of 2013 and was for C5-6 which was herniated and showing cord compression. I felt amazing after surgery and was so thankful to my surgeon for giving me my life back. However the relief was short lived. Less than 6 months later the pain was back and I had a large herniation at C6-7 so I had surgery to fix this. They removed the old hardware and replaced it with new hardware to cover both fusions. After surgery I felt great again up until about 4 months post surgery I had the burning pain between my shoulder blades and could not find a comfortable position no matter what. I went back to the surgeon that recommended therapy and pain management. I have been on medicines such as lyrica, Celebrex horizant, have had trigger point injections and lidocaine patches not to mention the flexiril and hydrocodone. The muscle relaxers and pain killers make it so I can't go to work so I have the tendency to just push through and be a zombie when I get home. I started acupuncture a few months ago and at first it was giving me a little bit of relief but lately it seems to make it worse. I went back to the dr and had an MRI and it is showing a bulge at C4-5 with no compression. She doesn't seem to think this is causing the pain and has recommended Sarapin injections. Has anybody ever tried these and do they help? I have also has EMG and it shows nerve damage from C5-6 herniation and my arm and ring and pinky fingers go numb through out the day.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    As Liz said..using above link will be very helpful to you.
    I also wanted to welcome you! So sorry for the pain that brought you here.

You mentioned pain management was suggested to you. I was unable to tell if you went on to seeing PM doctor.
    I only wanted to say that seeing my PM doctor was best thing I ever did. He knew more about my condition and more quickly than anyone I have seen before.
    You will find understanding here!
    Good luck to you
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History