Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Electrical Pain Radiating Down The Legs!

On the last week of July 2014 I've injured my lower back by doing squats for the first time. Without knowing the proper techniques and not stretching before the workout I've felt pain all across my lower back once I was done with my gym session. Since then, my life has been on a steady decline. It took me 2-3 months for the pain just to go away. I didn't really have a problem walking or bending without any extreme pain. I went to the chiropractor and they did a X-Ray and ruled out that I did not have an herniated disc. I started to feel electrical shocks radiating down my legs like pin-and-needle feeling. My doctor told me that it was caused by a pinched nerve and inflammation from my lower back muscle. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she misdiagnosed me but she's an amazing and one of the best doctors at the clinic. As time went slowly, I started to get back to the gym and carried on. I started to do more lower back exercises and stretches. As well, squatting and deadlifting with just the bar or max 10ib on each side once or twice a week. But lately, especially today, I felt that my lower back muscle was sore (only touched at one certain lower back spot) and that I had electrical nerve pain radiating in my legs. I'm tired of going to the doctors and I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I'm scared if something may go wrong and end up in a wheelchair. GOD forbid that! Any suggestions? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
P.S Is it possible to end up in a wheelchair from all this?
Some points to rule out:
I can walk and run without any pain.
Bend upright and backwards without extreme pain (feel the soreness or small pain when bending back)
Main problem: electrical pain down the legs...
Maybe Anxiety is contributing too? Don't think so though.