Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Went back to work today

Well all I can say is "ouch"! 10 weeks post op from l5s1 fusion with hardware and went back to my desk job today. I hurt like the dickens. I'm part time for two weeks then its full time. Sitting hurts even with getting up to stretch every30 minutes. Hope it gets easier. Pain level went from 2 to 10 in jUST four hours. Going to try some stretching end PT exercises now. I've been doing pretty well considering and didnt expect so many muscle and back aches. Its great to be back and I really hope this turns around. It made me realize how far I still have to go on this journey. Anyone else having or had a rough time reacclimating to your old life? The sciatic pain is gone and its all low back is on fire. Getting a sit/stand desk and maybe that will help.
advertisement

Comments

• I've taken 6 months to return to work at my L5S1 fusion (although my surgeon cleared me at 3 months) & the first day back was challenging. I had wondered what on earth I was thinking. Fast forward a couple of weeks & the same work I did then is a breeze now. It's quite physical, a lot of bending, squatting & walking so I guess my body just needed to get used to it.

I still find my lumber spine fires up if I'm sitting in a bad chair or spend too long in my car. I'm going to invest in one of those air lumber supports to put in the car. My physio thinks it'll help, at nearly $200 I hope so!

Hope your lumber settles quickly,
    Veronica
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 January 2014
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 March 2014
    Fusion L5S1 11th August 2014
  • christiben said:
    Well all I can say is "ouch"! 10 weeks post op from l5s1 fusion with hardware and went back to my desk job today. I hurt like the dickens. I'm part time for two weeks then its full time. Sitting hurts even with getting up to stretch every30 minutes. Hope it gets easier. Pain level went from 2 to 10 in jUST four hours. Going to try some stretching end PT exercises now. I've been doing pretty well considering and didnt expect so many muscle and back aches. Its great to be back and I really hope this turns around. It made me realize how far I still have to go on this journey. Anyone else having or had a rough time reacclimating to your old life? The sciatic pain is gone and its all low back is on fire. Getting a sit/stand desk and maybe that will help.
    I am also using standing desk but I started work after 4 weeks and I am getting these pain severely started PT but same sitting problem is still there. Left leg is getting too cold with toes irritating mostly keeping my left leg on my right foot. Doing excercise told by PT every three hours.. I am also thinking about how will be the path after few months ! I have had this problem for last 7 years but coming back to me with severity as the day passes.. I walk good in this chilling cold may be because of cold I don't feel the pain. can't predict the future ! but Be positive thats all I can say for now #Hope and #Pray.