Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

His Little face

The last year has been a nightmare for me as it has for so many of you,
I had gotten to the point meds were not working and when a PC cut
them in half with no changes to what was causing the pain I started on
a journey where pain sucked it all away. No more dinners, fishing, sleeping,
shopping, traveling on and on it was just a battle from one day to the next.
The biggest thing was the effect on my family not me. The worst was
the effect it has had on my Grandchild who I am very close to. No more
going to his activities, sleep overs, picking him up from school.
My GP upped my meds last Fri. not much but enough that I am able to
breath, sit on a tolet without tears, sleep 4 hrs. straight and more.
But the most exciting thing is yesterday (I took no meds before) I picked
my Grandson up from school. I will never as long as I live forget that look on
his face. A smile from ear to ear and that beautiful little face. He jumped in
the car and said "Grandma your here are you alright". Then we got to his
house and it was show and tell time.
Believe me the pain was there I was sweating, face bright red and shaking but
would I and will I do that again you better believe it. That is the biggest
motivator I could ever hope for to continue down this road I am of doing whatever
I can to continue to be part of his life.
Sorry I just had to share that for me it was huge.
Hope you all are or will find and are able to enjoy those kind of moments in your life.

• These are the stories that help us to see that life is worth living, even in pain. There are family members and good friends that depend on us and need us.

The reason to consider life and what's of value is to make sure you're not missing out. Seize the day. What's important to you? What do you care about ? What matters? Pursue that; forget the rest.

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    I can totally relate to your story! My grandson means the world to me & it breaks my heart when he comes over & I can't pick him up! He's 3 now, so he really doesn't want held as much but I haven't been able to pick him up for 2 years. He loves to come in the kitchen & help "munga" cook! We now have a special step stool that he can bring into the kitchen & he stands on it to help me. Last weekend, he helped me make his dad's birthday cake. He was so excited! And I was so happy to have him by my side. When I would need to sit & rest, that's when pappy would get on the floor & play with him. I am also excited to say we will be expecting our new granddaughter this May! That sure gives me something to look forward to! I hope you get many, many opportunities to go play with your grandson!
  • EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 02/10/2015 - 7:17 AM
    I've always loved to read. When I was little my favorite old aunt gave me this embroidered book mark. It's tattered at the bottom so I'm sorry I don't know who composed the words.

Little Things

Oh, it's just the little
    Homely things,
    The unobtrusive,
    Friendly things,
    The "Won't-you-let-me
    Help-you" Things
    That make our
    Pathway light.

And it's just the Jolly
    Joking things.
    The "Never-mind-the
    Trouble" Things
    That make the world
    Seem bright.

So Here's to all the
    Little Things,
    The "Done-and-then
    Forgotten" Things
    Nothing" Things,
    That make Life
    Worth the Fight.

I'm the mother of 2 wonderful, beautiful 'Little Things'. I often write about how incredibly hard it is to take care of young kids with chronic pain but I'm very, very aware that they're the only things that keep me going some days. We often lament the things we can't do anymore but I truly believe that life is made of all the little things. Cherish them.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • You all know exactly how I feel and that made me cry.
    The tears are tears of joy and tears of each of you that
    struggle to keep all those precious parts of our lives
    active and surviving despite the pain and challenges we
    I love your words Doug Hell they are so so true.
    The little guy wanting to help Grandma that is so adorable and congratulations on
    the new one coming. It sounds like they have wonderful Grandparents. Mine are growing
    up fast which is sad but then you have other joys to look forward to for sure.
    Englishgirl as always you touch my heart and that poem went to the core.
    thanks so much for your reply's and I pray you are having a low pain day.
  • <3 thank you for sharing! These special little people in our lives make the struggle worthwhile, they are the light at the end of the tunnel.

The other day my 5 yr old said this : "mami, I wish I had a magic nurse fairy that would come fix you leg right NOW, so you wouldnt have any more pain. That way things could go back to normal and we could play together!"
  • One day not long ago they made up a sweet list of what I could do. ...Snuggle them, I'm kissable etc.
    But at the bottom it said:
    And she can walk!
    Thanks 6 year old.
    I can
  • I love your stories about your families and they can touch your
    heart like no one else and put that spark of fight in your heart.