Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

choosing the right treatment after first surgery

So im not sure weather the revision surgery will be a good option because my back pain level is SO high. My Dr told me that with the high low back pain level a fusion may be necessary, however he thinks I'm too young at the moment. Id like to know which of you have had revisions and also which have had a fusion W/O degeneration disease and have had a surgery prior* to the fusion. It may help me in conversation with my Dr if I have a few minor ideas or thoughts I can throw at him. Again the Dr thinks I'm young for the fusion but he also said we'll stick with it till I feel better whatever it takes!!
once an ice hockey player always an ice hockey player

• playapplaya Posts: 19
    edited 02/15/2015 - 9:52 AM
    I am a newbie here but I am also almost 4 weeks out of a revision microdiscectomy on l5s1. My first surgery was in June 2014 and it went well until I started pt 6 weeks later. All downhill from there. Got the official news on Jan 2 2015 that it was reherniated, although I pretty much knew already. My original ns told me a revision would fix me up and once again get rid of the nerve pain. I was hesitant but by the surgery date I was once again desperately in horrible pain. Post surgery first 2 weeks OK but I really wasn't doing to much. After 2 week check up and more activity, just daily walking and up and about the house, leg pain returned. Almost at the 4 week mark and I have pain in original right leg, although not as bad, pain in my left leg, bilateral pain lucky me, and pain in my back. To say I am frustrated and depressed is putting it lightly. I am trying to hold out the hope that this is some kind of pain by the nerves recovering and my back is just weak, frankly because I don't know what I will do if this fails again. I personally have not seen to many great fusion stories so that scares me. I just want to get back to living life.