Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What you see is not always what you see

I have read so many threads over the years and have heard all different situations and problems That is all part of being on this forum site.

We always want people to feel free to post anything they want, their feelings, etc ( of course within forum rules). Sometimes that works for the person and sometimes not.

I believe its the nature of virtual correspondence . I have been in computers for almost 40 years now and I can count on one hand the times I actually use pen and paper. But when it comes to people, individuals, its much more difficult.

When someone posts a problem they are having. Others read what is being posted and respond. The originator may not like what they read, or they may agree. I think as long as everyone acts in a civil matter, there should never be a problem.

But that isnt always the case.

Person "A" may say I have a problem and I need this and that

Person "B" responds, Oh you poor person, I only hope you can get it.

Then Person "C" responds with I dont think that is necessary and you should be listening to your doctor and not deciding what you want

Then Person "A" becomes offended and then says that they are going to leave this site

That happens more often than you can imagine. Its all part of human nature. When someone tells you that you are wrong or that you are going about it the wrong way, you are going to be somewhat offended. But is that the reason to leave?
Once you start to open yourself up with statements, you need to realize how many people see those comments and then can respond to them. Some may be very positive, some negative and some may cut you to the bone.

Being online and virtual complicates things You can only get so much being online and the rest you have to judge on your own.

But, I want to stress, that people here are not responding to be mean or hurt you, they are just reading your information and making a sound reply. The fact that you may not like it, should not be the reason to leave.

Its all about understanding others and understanding the limitations of virtual discussions.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I read many posts here and 90% want medical advice. I am happy to share my experiences but feel that is also in part it still is medical advice to the receiver. But then if I were that person and nobody commented it could send a message nobody can help you. Most people just need to vent to others who really understand their pain and frustration. So some are probably afraid to comment in order not to break forum rules. It's a tough world for us all but there is a person who is qualified to help you. What I know is 90% personal experiences and the rest is from college and working for 27 doctors.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.