Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical fusion - Posterior after ACDF?

I had a C5-C7 ACDF in 2006, a C5-C6 posterior foraminotomy in 2008 and had C4-C5 ACDF Dec 2013. So now I'm fused, anterior, C4-C7. Unfortunately there's still some movement causing radiculopathy. It's possible I may need a posterior cervical fusion. The foraminotomy was posterior and very painful compared to ACDF since posterior involves muscle dissection.

Anyone had posterior cervical fusion? After ACDF? Is it more range of motion limiting than ACDF?
2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
advertisement

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    edited 03/02/2015 - 3:57 PM
    Anyone..
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 585
    I had ACDF on c4/5 and then 9 months later, I had posterior fusion on same disc. My range of motion was never that good before the surgery, so I don't think I've noticed any change since the surgery. It will be 1 year next week since the surgery.
    Cathy
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Thanks! I moved from AZ to WI so now I decide if I want to do surgery here or fly back to AZ for it when I eventually do it. Ugh.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 585
    I would consider where you will have the most help after your surgery? Remember you won't be able to drive for a while, so you'll need someone to run errands for you.
    Cathy
  • rtconant1rrtconant1 Posts: 348
    edited 03/10/2015 - 2:19 PM
    I am in WI. The doctor that I see is awesome. I am in the Fox cities area. There are great doctors in the area if you decide to stay in the area. Some of them have articles published on this site.
    Tracie C
advertisement