Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T12 to ilium fusion

I have many levels of bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, narrowing of the spinal canal. I have a backwards S shaped curve measuring at 52 and 53 respectively in 2013. I just had a new MRI and CT scan and the radiologist was unable to number my levels due to severity of curvature. I am going to be having a multi level fusion at the end of March. Could anyone please tell me the recovery time, what to expect. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Brenda L Kramer

• I had L1-S1 fused because of severe adult degenerative scoliosis one year ago. My scoliosis was also very sudden and I was using a walker and having a great deal of pain before surgery. If you are like me .....we didn't have other options to fix our scoliosis. It has been a year since fusion surgery and I am now able to take Ibprophen as needed for pain and a muscle relaxer at night and Lyrca for nerve pain. The surgery is a major deal and you will need help after you get home. I wore a purple turtle shell brace for 3 months and was allowed only walking . I began physical therapy at 3 months. My PT was on land and in a warm water therapy pool. (I have taken core strength classes at warm water pool for 12 years before scoliosis surgery). The 93 degree water was soothing to my mind and body. I was in PT for 4 months. I have continued my pool exercises and my core and legs have gradually become stronger. It has been a long year for me but I am glad that I can walk and enjoy my family and new grandson.

You may have already had your surgery but I will be rooting for your successful surgery and rehab. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. I know you will have lots of questions. Hugs Vicki
    1977 L2-L3 Laminectomy
    Degenerative Disc Disease
    2013. Sudden Degenerative adult Scoliosis
    3/26/14 L1-S-1 Fusions and instrumentation
    4/10/14 surgery to scrub staph infection off hardware & drain tissue