Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yoga after L5S1

Hi All,
I'm exactly three months post L5S1 MD. I have walked and jogged occassionaly and tried a work out last Saturday
There are good days and bad days and most pain is rleated to tightness in butt and lower back.

Has anyone tried yoga since thier L5S1? How was it? Do you recommend?

• bikram yoga injured me and put out me on a surgeon"s table. And neuro surgeons have tens of patients every moth insured by Bikram yoga. Stay away if you have any short of back problems, operations herniated or bulged descs etc. If not do MRI prior starting it to make sure. it is amazing but back injures are serious and not so amazing
    36y old female, s1-L5 micro discetomy 18th of September 2014
  • christibencchristiben Posts: 121
    edited 03/08/2015 - 8:58 AM
    Hi! I'm 3 months post l5s1 fusion with rods and am not going to try any yoga for a while if ever. I'm not sure I want to bend like that. I'm afraid of messing up all the progress I've made. Im also still sore in the flutes and low back muscles. Main problem is my energy. Working full time and am in a constant state of exhaustion. I'm sure sitting 8 hours a day is part of it. Sticking to walking and the pt exercises for now. Good luck!
  • I dont know how you can sit after 3moths post op...i m 6moths post op after my discetomy and i m pain free but I m not sitting on any desc job or d i be able to...I walk fast and normal but no way i can sit hours a day...i m just starting to sit....sitting was my main problem prior surgery..

• Cristiben, can you do your work my stading up? like ask your employer make your desk higher and u stand and sit when needed? or with laptop on your belly laying down (maybe not possible)?

I could never be able to sit 8h a day..also all the surgeon i met have told me that the sitting puts a lots of pressure on the lumbar spine.. After I hurt myself i was not able to sit at all due horrible pain that got worse if i sat or drive car...
    And the i went to well know chiropracticer and he himself have had several spinal surgeries and his office had no chairs and i was like how can you do this?? He told me that he hardly sat and only drive car max 15min and he said if i want a pain free life and avoid future surgeries i d better to avoid sitting....