Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post 2 LEVEL ADR with LDR Mobi-c at C4/C5 and C5/C6, 30 yrs PLEASE HELP

Hi I am Javier, I am 30 years of age and pretty active. Despite my age, I've dealt with the typical disc problems read here for 2 yrs. I did the PT, chiro, injections, etc. Due to my issues becoming worst and affecting my job and life I began to visit surgeons. After learning, researching my options and getting a few opinions I felt comfortable moving forward with the 2 level ADR using the LDR Mobi-c.

Well I got the surgery on 2/20/15, Post surgery I remained at the hospital for about 8 hrs. I felt woozy but didn't feel incapable. My issues were mainly in my neck, trapezoid shoulder areas therefore the immediate arm relief many people feel, I didnt. The pain In my neck, back and shoulders was still there and hard to differentiate due to the common soreness that follows such surgery. I was told this is normal and time will help. I went home that night barely able to turn my neck. I was told a neck brace would slow down my healing and given a pain pack of oxy/perc and hydromorphone. My 2nd day home wasn't too bad. My throat was a bit sore but not like what I heard would be the case. My voice was normal and I felt I could eat anything although I stuck with liquids.

My day 4 and 5 became worst. My nights became more uncomfortable as I began to really struggle with sleep. I felt the same pain discomfort in neck and bottom of head along my traps and shoulders. Began to feel sensations down my left arm of weakness which I didn't feel prior to surgery. I spoke to my surgeon and he said it's not abnormal and I needed to have patience. He said My body and neck were pretty much stretched in a way that shocked my muscles. I saw his PA on day 8 And was given a steroid pack Medrol. To reduce internal swelling.

Here I am on day 12 and on my 2nd to last day of Medrol pack and I feel the same. Also feeling weakness in y toes on and off. My surgeon is away but tells me my post op course is not abnormal for people my age that are active. I am trying to be patient and optimistic but I am scared. I am feeling pain and discomfort I never felt prior. Although I know my body needs to recover I just figured I would deal with pain around the area and possibly the same pre op issues, worst case scenario. I didn't expect new pain in areas across my body.

I am due for another followup in a few weeks but I think I want to demand a X ray or scan next week. I will say that I am eating whatever I want or I can. Although I try to mix soft and solids. I don't ha c e a sore throat although the outside of neck is obviously sore. My wound I healing well too.
Any advice?

• Hope you are getting better and back to normal life. Can you please update your condition now?

I was diagnosed with moderate to severe disc generations at 3 levels c4-c5, c5-c6, c6-c7. My doctor suggested for ADR surgery at c4-c5 and c5-c6 levels. I have also very bad lower back and surgical at L5-S1 level. Between the two(cervical and lumbar), I chose to go first with neck surgery first. I have 2 children, completely dependent on me. Before long, I have to go for next surgery. Your response will be very helpful. Thank you.
  • Hi. I am 6 weeks post op. I want to preface the following with telling you that my surgeon said I am having a tougher recovery than most people. That said, my first 3 weeks were horrible. I started feeling progress in terms of moving my neck and controllable headaches in week 4. I'm now much better, although no where near where I want to be. Mornings are tough but my nights are better. Before I couldn't sleep at all, now I sleep more but wakeup in pain. I'm working 3/4 days.

I guess my advice would be to plan on having assistance esp for weeks 1 to 3. You mobility and flexibility will take time and handling your parent duties will be hard. It's very easy to instinctively make self correcting movements that can slow down your recovery.

We are all here because obviously the surgery is our best option so I wish you the best luck. FYI I have no regrets. I'm an active 30 yr old I the law enforcement field. My expectations weren't In order but I've become patient and that is key. Allowing the body to heal.
  • Posting of your experiences greatly appreciated ...I am a candidate for the same surgery (2 level arthroplasty with the Mobi_C)
    Further updates would be welcome.

Also who performed your surgery?
  • javcolonjjavcolon Posts: 18
    edited 04/20/2015 - 6:30 AM
    Hi. I got mine froma 5 star surgeon out of NJ. Dr.ABC. I like to say i did my due dilligence. I will tell u it seems im having a tougher recovery than most. I am sufferign from what he calls severe post op muscle spasms which is explanation for all ym headaches entering week 9 pos top. Id advise u to also read all info in this post

i too post there. very fe wof us who underwent a 2 level neck ADR on this site but many ar eon that actual post.