Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Human resource dept

Has anyone else had problems getting information from human resources department?

I recently found out my neck fusion did not work and I have to have another surgery. Three weeks ago I talked to one of the girls from human resources on the phone and she promised to send me the information. I called a week later requesting the information and I have still not received.

Last week I called the director and left a message that I need this information urgently as I am going to have surgery within the month I have still not heard a word.

I understand the FMLA and the sick bank I have it work but I would like to know about short-term and long-term disability. The kicker is I may be up for a promotion at work so I don't know how hard I want to go after the HR director.

I have work you're 26 years and it is consistently been the poorest run department and the whole organization. Any thoughts on how I should handle this?

Thanks in advance.
advertisement

Comments

• Is your injury Workers Comp related or not? If HR won't send you the documents perhaps you need to camp out in their office until you get the paperwork.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Hi, yeah.. got to love the HR deps. Say their there to support people and scatter like ants when you need them. As far as STD, and LTD are concerned. Companies tend to be taking the STD insurance out of your check, or are paying for the insurance. LTD is something you must sign up for and be paying specifically because you ask for it. This is what I would do... File the FMLA paperwork. Get the doctor to give the beginning / end date they see in your prognosis. The STD people will need the FMLA, and your HR dep will too. If you get it, and just give it to the HR dep, it will give them a kick in the A@# and they will respond. I had to do this to get anywhere. FMLA paperwork can be found with a google search and is standard. Also, find out who your STD insurance company is. Just contact the company that handles it, and make them aware. Soon they will be contacting your HR dep, and get them moving too. They should have information around your work place to find it. Hope that helps.
    04/24/15
    Left foramina stenosis of L3/L4 (retrolisthesis)
    ---------
    04/09/13
    L2-ilaic revision fusion ( loose screws) with a laminectomy at L3 (cage at L3-L4)
    ----------
    03/13/12
    (PLIF) -@ L4/ L/5 - S1 (cage at L4/L5)