Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Forteo? Anybody here using it?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Osteoporosis and Fractures
Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the osteoporosis drug Forteo? It is injected once daily. My surgeon suggested I begin taking it because my BMD prior to surgery was a little low and my bone graft was not happening. :(

• Know anything about this Forteo stuff? ---Mazy
  • Hi,my name is maria,and am using forteo for the last 5 month
  • Hi
    Ive been using forteo for over 6months have a score of t-3. supposed to rebuild bone. I took a class on it before i started the injection. i do it nightly because if there are any side effects like light headedness or anything they arent there in the morning. i do mine in the stomach about an inch out from the belly button not painful at all as long as i do it right. took me about a week to get the nerve to do it on my own. make sure to leave the needle in for 5 seconds to make sure every drop gets in and i count out 28 needles that way i know when to discard the pen.
  • I'm replying to those who have questions or doubts about Forteo uses. I've started my shot June 1, 2011, felt woozy the first time.
    No other side effect noticed after that.
  • chonnacchonna JoplinPosts: 11

My surgeon wants me on Forteo for 30 days before my surgery for severe scoliosis.  I'm to continue it for 2 yrs.  My insurance has denied it and an appeal has begun. I can't afford it on my own but  I'm so exhausted from chronic pain.

Has anyone else been through appeals with insurance and how often do they end up paying for the drug?  Thanks

This discussion has been closed.