Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Week 26 Ready for a new week?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
vic hasn't been feeling to well so i am posting the start of our new week. i hope she is feeling better. i lost 2 pounds after a really grueling week of counting calories and recording everything i was eating. i feel so satisfied that i finally managed a weight loss! this puts me at 143 pounds. how did everyone else do? gain or loss or staying the same, we are all still hanging in and doing the best we can do! i give everyone a big HURRAY for that! Jenny :)

• Congrats! Your hard work is paying off. I didn't weigh in this morning. Vic--hope you feel better soon!---Mazy
  • :) Mazy, just go in and jump on the scale. i am with you all the way. come on now! this isn't just about losing weight. we are here to do some life changing and that isn't easy and takes time. so whether you are a "loser" or a "gainer" or a "stay the samer," we need you! Jenny :)
  • Week 26
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'10"
    Start weight: 180
    GOAL weight: 145
    Plan type: 1400 or less calorie - daily food intake. Walking, bike riding, dancing and exercising as allowed. Staying as physically active as I can.
    Motivation tools: Posting at this site and just wanting to be healthier and in better physical shape.
    Date started the change: 12/31/07
    Weight in last week 06/29/08: 165
    Weight in today 07/06/08: 167
    This week's lost: 0
    This week’s gain: 2
    Total pounds lost: 13
    Pounds left to lose: 22
    2 pound gain, nothing I can say things aren’t going well. I go to the doctor in a few hours hopefully he’ll be able to help me understand.
    Sorry I’m not doing better and I hope everyone else is.
  • Sorry your not feeling too good at the moment Vic, hope Dr helped you. Well done Jenny, you are doing soooooooooo well.

I managed to sort my life out last week, all our visitors and excuses for big dinners have gone (boo hoo but good for the waistline). I managed to lose the 3 lbs that I had put on the previous week - yippee yahoo.

So here I am 3 lbs down and weighing 160 lbs - a total loss of 31 lbs in just over a year.

I'm off to residential physio this week, the food is fab so I'm not too sure what I will be reporting next week!!!!

Have a good week everyone.
  • :) vic, once again i am so sorry you are not feeling yourself. what a change for you!!! i hope the doctor can help sort it out with you and get you back on your game plan. maybe it is time to go back to your yard and the pinecones! lol! either way i am here for you!! a weight gain often goes with feeling bad so don't even worry about that! you will get back on track i know it! Jenny
  • :) doof, HURRAY 3 pounds and with all that activity! have a terrific time at your in patient program! you will be missed! Jenny :)
  • Hi All!
    I was on vacation and then was just playing hooky from the list because you know I gained weight on vacation. Not to mention it's been hot as heck out and I don't wanna walk. Well, now the regained weight is gone. So I guess I'm still at the same old weight. This morning I was down another lb but I think it was partially dehydration.

Vic, I sure hope you are feeling better.

Way to go Doof!

Jenny, you've been working hard at this and it's paying off!

Take care and have a good week!
  • :) ranchoalmosta, slowly but surely is the way to go. i hope you had a great time getting away and just forgetting about us for awhile. lol! we need all the support we can get right now with the changes in the forum. i am glad you found your way over! have a good week! Jenny :)
  • :) ranchoalmosta, how nice to see you made it over all in one piece. and without gaining a pound! lol! we are in and out of a heat wave here. i know what you mean about going out walking in the heat. i think my dog feels the same way! have a healthy and happy week. Jenny :)
  • Yuck. I can't say that I did not expect it. I did gain 1.5 lbs last week. I hate going the wrong way but I really feel that the horrid back pain that I had at the beginning of the week hurt me alot last week. This week I WILL at least take off what I gained. That puts me at 238.5 lbs. Started in February at 256 lbs.
    Vic, I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope the doc helps you out and gets you back on track. Do not get discouraged though. We will all still be here to support you.
    Doof, 31 lbs in 1 year is GREAT! The slower weight loss really is easier to maintain.
    OK everyone, let's put our best foot forward for the coming week and see what we can do!
  • painintheback, thank you for having the courage to post where you are at! this is a new week and better things are to come. you should be very proud of your weight loss since Feb.! congratulations! good luck this week and i hope to see around the forum! Jenny
  • I did get out and walk 6 miles today. I thought of you all---and it helped motivate me to keep going!! I tried a new walking technique that is supposed to be easy on your body called Chi Walking. Heck--I wish I could burn some more calories! Hope you California girls are staying cool today. ---Mazy
  • :)Mazy, kudos to weighing in and reporting back. no shame in not losing and staying the same! we are in a whole new week now! 6 miles is very impressive. if you don't take off some pounds doing that i don't know what would do it!! i just hope your neck doesn't act up! i walked today and really enjoyed walking my dog by the bay. lasted only 20 minutes but will do another 20 when it cools down.i am still writing everything down i eat this week. take good care of yourself, Jenny :)
  • Thanks for the encouragement, Jenny. And, thank you for staying positive, and for your all your contributions to SH! Give Sirius a hug for me!--Mazy
  • :) how is everyone's week going? i wanted to check in and give a little extra push to anyone needing one and to all others, "good for you" for going it alone! i am still writing down in my food diary each day and trying to get in atleast a walk a day. no go today! my hip and leg are just too painful to walk on. so what is everyone else up to? let me hear from y'all out there! lol! Jenny :)
  • So sorry you are not feeling up to that walk today! What does Sirius think?? I'm sure he is anxious for you to feel better!--Mazy
  • :) i think i should set a play day for you and Sirius. she loves the water and would love to play in the cold snow i am sure! i think i love her too much after all to let her go though!! lol! and do you feel like playing? Jenny
  • anyone join this diet group? Just had a fusion and need t take off some serious weight

• Come on in Christina. The more support that we have, the better we do. We weigh in on Sundays and try and support each other through the week Welcome to our group!
  • I am just curious, Christina. I thought that the surgeon will normally make you lose weight before a fusion?
  • :) Christina69, welcome to the group. we are here not only to lose weight but to make it part of a permanent life change. dieting just never seems to work so this is aimed at a more permanent weight loss. we are happy to have you on board!! i am on Lyrica and gained 20 pounds from it. i have taken off about 2 pounds of it so far!! lol! there are different problems here as well. some of us can't do alot of exercise, maybe our meds cause a weight gain. so please join us! pick a weight loss program. from Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, calorie counting whatever works for you. pick some exercise or not and dive in!!! welcome! Jenny :)
  • well done u lot,im so jealous off jenny and doof lol,good 4 u 2 i bet ur both delighted,mazy u did well not 2 gain on hols hope im as lucky on sunday.Just got back yesterday fom cyprus yesterday had a great time i did over indulge alittle but did nt go mad i could learn i thing or 2 from their diet, lots of fruit and veg
    getting back on track, out with the bread,back 2 my lunchtime bagel,my mums friend has lost 3 stone since jan she is just eating sensible 3 times aday cutting out snacks and eating proper meals.
    hope ur feeling better vic, don t worry about the gain u know ul get it off once ur feeling better
  • sorry forgot 2 add a welcome 2 ur new comers
  • had 2 up my lyrica as my leg is giving me alot of pain,hoping it won t have an impact on my weight loss plan,guess im just gonna have 2 try harder
  • Ive been on steriods for almost a year that made me gain weight due to the fact that I had gout in my feet. I'm 39 nd have had two fusions to date. A cervical one in September of last year and a lumbar just three weeks ago. Both fusions had to be done asap because I had stenosisso there was really no time to lose weight beforehand. I'm looking to get healthier and therefore decrease my chances of needing another fusion in the future. I need to roughly about 100 pounds so hopefully having friends to weigh in with will give me that extra push I need.

Thanks very much,

• im so proud of myself,i went to my goddaughters birthday party,there was lots and lots of goodies and i did nt have 1,how good am i lol
  • christina you will get great support here the thing is to post even if u ve put on weight or stayed the same,sometimes that when u most need the support,hopefully you ll have much more good weeks than bad
  • :) benji55, you are plowing full steam ahead this week! turning away from birthday treats and all. once you figured out part of your problem was bread you have been able to step back and stop eating it again. bread seems to follow us around like a little bunny rabbit. bagels are a good compromise. my husband just brought home loaves of bread for 25 cents a loaf to freeze. what good does it do me in the freezer? in the house? lol! what was he thinking? Jenny
  • lol jenny hes tortuing u with the bread lol,poor man prob though he was great getting such a bargain lol,gave me a laugh anyhow,Don t u just love bread id give up chocolate over bread anyday of the week.Anyword on how vic is
  • I was just wondering about the weight and surgery as I am sure that I will soon be facing fusion. You are not alone! I am trying to lose 76 lbs and 100 will be better. Do you have a diet plan? Or just trying to reduce portions or calories? Most of us here have put on at least some of our weight from meds and/or steroids so we know exactly where you are coming from.
This discussion has been closed.