Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not quite Back or Neck

But I will be having reconstructive surgery on my Achilles tendon April 3rd. I've been dealing with this for about 3 years now, so there are multiple tears, scar tissue forming, tears, etc, etc.

Its a one day surgery. We have discussed this with the doctor, based on all my previous surgeries where I ran into on complication or another. Pain control is also a major concern for the surgeon since I am already a chronic pain patient. He has written several letters of medical necessity to have me admitted, at least for one night. Insurance has refused the initial request and a number of appeals.

The hardest part of this surgery is that I have to be on No-Weight bearing for 5 weeks. We are renting a kneeling scooter so I can get around the house. But , this will be strange for me, because with all of my other surgeries, I could at least gimp around the house.

Surgeon believe I should be back into semi-business by June and at full strength come Oct/Nov
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Gosh when I read your post all the things you have dealt
    with come to mind and having to battle arthritis like you do
    will make it even more difficult. I hope you have some excellent
    Doctor's to help you and that they are able to keep your pain
    level where it is tolerable.
    That is a long time to recover and I would too have a hard time
    with a scooter wow!
    Will you still be able to support this web-site let's hope so for all
    of us. We do need you Ron that is for sure.
    I have dealt with the insurance thing with Medicare and it has been
    a real eye opener.
    I will hope it comes out good.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    Good luck with this new surgery. 5 weeks is a long time to be non weight bearing. Good thing spring is almost here. You can recover from surgery, sitting outside with your feet up & listening to the birds sing!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    as I can while I am recovering.
    Most of it will be from an Iphone or Ipad.
    Sitting at a computer does not look too promising for a while
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron
    Just take care of yourself and try to relax.
    Yes in pain it is difficult to post let alone support
    us. I don't do well with sitting around but what
    choice do you have right.
    Wish you the best and keep us posted.
  • We've both been thru a lot lately. I had one of those rolling scooters a few years ago. It worked great and the grandchildren had a blast on it! Hopefully they can get your pain under control.
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil