Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op rehab questions/ exercise and work???

FormerfireFFormerfire Posts: 148
Hi everyone!

For those who have helped me so much - thankyou!!!

I am 7 weeks post op now and the nerve pain is nearly at 0 (unless i drive) and i can sit through a movie which is also good.

My current questions are

1) I am noticing that the spine 2-3 higher than the herniation L5S1 is saw and achey ( is this just because those muscles are working really really hard).

2) my muscles are all really tight- is it ok to get massage now?

3) i have been told to do Pilates now.....what else do you recommend for rehab ( i want to make sure i heal well and get myself in decent condition).

4) THe biggie - I am faced with the decision to go back to work yet or not. NOW - the money would be good, but we wont die without me working. I only work 4hrs.day 3 days a week but it is sitting and i am not really sure if i can pull it off yet. I am worried that going back to work i will forget to exercise and get in shape..........maybe i need to focus on that for a while so i never end up here again. Any suggestions???

Thanks as always :)

• Hey Fire,
    it's nice to see you back!Glad you are doing so well!
    To quickly answer your questions:
    1.If can make it w/o the money you bring,give yourself some more time to heal completely.
    2.Try very light massage,if not painful it'll help tightness.
    3.Don't seek rehab ideas for everybody's issues differ.If possible,meet with a Physical Therapist to get evaluated and start from there.After 8 mo,I finally started PT for 2 wks now.It started very slowly,but I see the results every day,literally.Doing it under PT supervision 3/wk.She gives me home work and I follow it to the letter.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Thanks Gogo

Always good advice :)

Just one question then... is a physical therapist just american for physiotherapist here? I want to make sure i choose the right person who will help me.
  • Yep,and everywhere else in the world it is a physiotherapist.
    That's the one we all need. ;)
    Really nice to have you back!

G. 8)