Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI joint Belt

Please would like your in-put on any advice you have
for purchasing a SI belt and did it help.
If this subject has been discussed please point to me to
thanks so much

• Hi hope3, when I began this back journey years and years ago the SI belt was one of the few things that really helped me since my back was just very unstable. At the time I had two babies(twins)and couldn't not not do things, so the belt gave me the strength and support I needed so I could care for my two little ones. This was back when I had undiagnosed issues that later became herniated s1-l5 and was doing PT and steroids to try and alleviate sciatica and spasms. The PT gave it to me because I had hips that kept torquing out of place because muscles were pulling and spasming to protect my herniation, causing my legs to be at two different lengths, more than the normal range. Wish I had something like that for all my issues today! You do have to be careful not to wear it so much that you aren't able to strengthen your muscles enough to do the job, at least that is what the PT said to me. I do think I would have had surgery much earlier had it not been for the SI belt, so glad I had a great PT who helped me extend my non surgical time.
  • Hi
    Your in-put is most helpful and I just ordered one on line will be here
    tomorrow. I had read that about when carrying babies and oh wow twins.
    You had your hands full but so much fun, how old are they now?
    Sorry that did not fix it all and I agree it would be wonderful if we could find
    a fix like that for it all.
  • Wow I keep hitting the wrong keys on this thing today.
    Anyway I had my injections in the SI joint yesterday been trying to
    convince all my Doctor's just to test for it. I had relief last night
    that was great but today creeping back in. He said it can take up to
    a week so I am still hopeful. I agree I am so scared of any kind of
    surgery which comes from my first hand experience with close friends
    and my carrier which was in part dealing with medical errors.
    The Doctor who injected is certified in SI joint and he just poked his
    finger in there and wow that did it plus feeling like someone skinned
    me on my butt and hip. He per my request said yes for the belt and
    also TP like you said about building up the muscles. They have a program
    at this hospital that just does that SI plus a bunch of other stuff. I am scared
    of the pain TP creates but to get rid of this I will do it.
    Gosh I can't imagine trying to raise twins and deal with this but Mom's are strong those here
    prove it every day. I always wanted twins when I was young and healthy of course.
    Hope you are having a kind day.
    thanks for your help