Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Right Shoulder, Triceps and Center Chest Muscle Athrope

LarryH0218LLarryH0218 Posts: 2
edited 03/26/2015 - 10:09 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hell everyone! I am Larry from NYC. I am new here. Trying to get some info on this topic. Maybe other people have went through or are going through the same thing as me? I am 42 years old and in very good shape. I was a High School athlete and College athlete. I also used to compete in bodybuilding from age 27 - 32. In 2004 I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. Which pretty much ruined my chance to take bodybuilding to a pro level. I lost the ability to contract certain muscles like my chest and triceps and the got very weak. I lost 50% of my pushing strength but this disease has never affected my legs. My muscles performance started coming back with treatment from my neurologist. But not 100%. I have always worked out the same. Like a bodybuilder/crossfitter.

Then in 2006 I was riding my motorcycle to work at 8:30am and was nearly killed by a wreckless car driver who cut me off on the highway, clipping my front tire. They never ever stopped. Just kept going. I was in the hospital for 5 weeks before being released. I had a right fractured scapula, right fractured clavicle, and neck injury. The Doctors thought my neck was broken. I had a brace on for a 4 weeks. For 2 months it hurt to turn my head left to right. Come to find out my neck wasn't broken but I think something in my neck was fractured. I had damage to my C7. Since 2003 I have had herniated disk to my L4 and L5 from my bodybuilding days of deadlifting and squatting too much weight.

Well since the motorcycle crash in 2006 my right shoulder, both triceps and the very center of my chest have atrophied about 70%. And my triceps are very weak! I am so embarrassed I will never take my shirt off in the gym locker room and I always wear long sleeves. I still have good strong biceps and great bicep strength but my triceps look like a Starbucks drinking teen and my right shoulder is nothing like the left. In my younger days I had shoulders that looked like melons. Now nothing on my right side. It gets me very depressed because no matter how much I workout or what I do they don't respond of come back. What can I do??