Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See PCP today

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Wish me luck I am going to sit down and talk to a PCP today. I hope he will help me out. Alot of the NP that I work for say he is good. I hope so. My mom sees him and I have went with her. He seems nice but is kinda of quite. He don't look at you very much. They say he is very smart and he used to be the head NP at the ER. He knows a little bit about me, where I work and that I have had back surgery. PCP around here don't like to right pain meds though. All I know is that I need some help managing my pain. I work at the pain clinic so I can't go there.

• best of luck to you...I hope all goes well. Make sure you update us when you are done... :)
  • Thanks Priestess. I will keep everyone updated.
  • Good luck Cindy, I hope this guy can help you out :)
  • I am glad you are on your way to finding relief. Good luck :)
  • Well he was great. He sit down listened to my concerns. He said there would be no reason why he wouldn't help me. He said I have tried everything to get relief (PT,NSAIDS, and injections). He said he will do everything he can to keep me comfortable and to keep me out of another surgery. He told me that if at anytime I felt that the meds weren't working or strong enough to call him. He told me we would probably have to go to an extended relief med like Kadian or Opana ER. I don't have any problems with that at all. I was so relieved when I left with the feeling somebody cares and listened to my problems and is willing to help me. I explained to him about NS said about my pain now being chronic pain and he couldn't treat chronic pain and the fact the pain clinic he would send me too was the one I work at, which wouldn't worked. This PCP knows alot about our practice and is really up to date on his pain meds so I feel really comfortable. I am just so relieved. If any of you all have just been dropped by your surgeon with pain still you know how scary it is to think that you will not find someone to help you.

Thank you guys for wishing me luck and listening.
  • Good to hear that the visit with your PCP went so well Cindy. We here about so many indifferent doctors who don't listen to their patients that it is good to remind people that the majority are hard working and compassionate. I am glad you found somebody who listens to you and is willing to help.

keep on truckin'

Kin ;) :) ;) :)
  • Dear Cindy,
    Glad to hear all went well, isn't it strange how the quiet ones or the ones that maybe are not as social are the most willing the help you? My PM doc is not Mr. personality, but I can tell you he is wonderful with block and the only person that actually listens and is willing to change/add/drop medication in order to reduce my pain. No questions, never any feeling of guilt for calling and saying "this is not working". Don't be timid about that, certain meds work on certain people and not on other (plus side effect issues). With a good doctor there should never be any stupid questions!
  • I really agree with you momof7 aboout the personality of drs. He is a wonderful one. It says alot that one of my NP I work for sends his wife there. Theres alot of choices for Primary Care and for someone like him to send his wife that speaks very highly of this dr. You know that drs and NP would only send there family to the best. I know it took a big burden off of my shoulder to meet him. If your a mom of 7 you know what I mean. Having to raise a toddler and hurt they way I do is soooo hard to do by myself. My husband is on the road all of the time for his job. I liked the fact that he said he will do everything he can to keep me comfortable and out of surgery again.

Thank you guys for wishing me luck. Finally a little good luck came my way.