Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve pain.

I have severe nerve pain in arms ,hands, legs, and feet. Does anyone have any ideas other than meds
That help?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Sorry for the pain. That nerve pain can really be something else.....
    You said other than meds.....but neurotin does help me a lot.
    I have also had epidural ...but for me, only successful for legs and feet.

When I have tough time...even with the med...I'll take hot bath. For me that seems to like calm things down.
    Some people need to be careful with baths though. For ex: if on like a Fentynl patch..the heat can realse too much of the medication and in too short of time.
    There are also many other meds where hot bath is contraindicated.....so I'd ask doctor for suggestions.

I sure hope you find an answer. Let us know what you find out to eventually relieve the pain!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• It works through the night and wears off during the da about 1 pm.
    How much neurotin are you on ? And does it have the same problem where it doesn't last ?
  • Doug HellDoug Hell Posts: 335
    edited 03/30/2015 - 2:15 AM
    Everything is temporary relief. Have you recently changed up your meds? Have you spoken to your PCP about incorporating any NEW long acting meds?

Hope you are doing better.

Doug Hell
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • i just got back from 2 weeks of inpatient therapy. Didn't have a problem till the 2 nd week
    Then more nerve pain started setting in. I asked them to do an MRI because I thought maybe
    There was compression. They sain no because nerve pain will come on like that. So now I'm
    Cautios after being home a few days. I also have a lot more muscle spasticity. And it isn't
    Letting up. One good thing tho they got me off the oxycotin. Still on oxy codons tho.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I take neurotin 100 mg 3x/day. For me..works pretty well.
    When I have a day or two of nausea and vomiting and can't take oral meds, about the second day I can feel the pain and after a day of neurotin I feel better.
    I've been on it for years. ...and not able to remember how it worked in the beginning.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I have been taking 5 gabapentin 300 mg a day (2morning, 1 midday, 2 night), Cyclobenzaprine 3x day, 40 mg nortryptiline (2 midday and 2 at night because they have caused sleeplessness and other issues) for cervicogenic headaches. This regimine plus magnesium and B12 among others. I am still in pain all day at work but its enough to get me through the day. I wish the pain would go away but it has been getting worse. I am also going through physical therapy to work through my trigger spots because of flare ups and not being able to turn my head very far and it tends to make the pain worse.
    Tracie C
  • i can't turn my neck very far either , I have pain in the neck do you?

What do they say will get rid of the pain ? I would love to have the rods
    Taken out.
  • the gave me some stretching ever isles to get more mobility but it doesn't seem to work it just hurts more.