Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ron - My time will be limited for a while

I am having my Achilles Tendon reconstructive surgery tomorrow morning. (04/03/15)

I will be in a non-weight bearing environment for 4 weeks and then 5 weeks being in a boot, then on to PT.

I wont be on my desktop, but hopefully between my laptop, Ipad and Iphone I will be able to check in from time to time.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 557
    I wish you a successful surgery & recovery. I hope your non weight bearing weeks go by quickly.
    Thank you for all that you do for this site!
  • Good luck tomorrow Ron! I will be thinking about you.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    And you will be in my thoughts as you recover with the no weight bearing and then PT.
    The time will probably go by quickly for you.......as you have such great attitude!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Best wishes for a speedy recovery

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Ron
    Gosh you have been through a lot and hope you know how
    much you are appreciated and will be missed.
    I cannot imagine just make sure you let us know how you are.
    Best wishes
  • The last thing you needed was another surgery, but what can you do? Let's hope everything will go smoothly, and you have a quick recovery! We''ll miss you, but you just take your time. Wishing you the best!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    Now I am getting around in a total non-weight bearing environment. That has been the toughest to deal with. I have a knee walker which is the only way I can get around the house.

Its hard transferring from spot to spot (ie Bed, Chair, couch, etc). Showering is another challenge it itself. Without the use of a comode in the shower and my walker from hip surgery, I could not do it.

This is the first time using a computer and not my Iphone to check in. I still can not spend much time at the computer, so please bear with my lack of input on the forums.

Hope everyone is doing the best they can and having as much of pain free days as they can

I am a very happy camper, excited to see the end of this recovery period so I can walk without a limp and perhaps without a cane Perfect time for the summer season!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Good to see you are making progress even though it is difficult for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a good outcome .

Take care

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Gee I am going nuts I found this after posting a new one asking
    how you are Ron.
    I am glad to hear things are going alright for you.
    That would be a real struggle for anyone to go through, hopefully
    it continues to get easier each day.
    Take care
  • kinpainkkinpain Posts: 958
    edited 04/14/2015 - 2:00 PM
    and pain-free recovery Ron. We miss you!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Great to hear surgery went well!
    And I wish you the best in your recovery!
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• You're tough as nails. We're rooting for ya! Don't worry, we have your back here.

Healing vibes sent!

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore