Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Issues Causing Chest Pain

I was curious if cervical issues can cause pain in the front of the chest wall. I have a herniated disc at C5-6 causing sac deformity and foraminal narrowing, and foraminal narrowing at C6-7. My chest wall has been hurting and is definitely more painful when I turn my head to the right. It is still painful turning my head to the left but not nearly as bad as turning to the right. I hve had this off and on for some time but I am paying more attention to what is going on, trying to decide on surgery. Any thoughts if this could be caused by neck issues?

• I too have herniated discs c5 and c6 and also have stabbing pains in my chest which I have been told by my doctor and have researched as well that it's being caused by my neck issue. Odd isn't it.
  • Thanks Hannibal13. It is odd. I had an epidural steroid injection at c7-t1 that gave me an immediate sharp pain at the center of my sternum. The first surgeon said it was from the thoracic region and wanted to do another shot. I declined and am seeing a new doctor for another opinion. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one experiencing these pains.