Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OMG I feel almost normal

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my surgery(microdiscetomy/double laminotemy l4/5) 6/25 and i woke up this morning and was able to get into a sitting position v.easily without the back pain/shock that i have been getting since surgery.

I was also able to sit today for more than 5minutes without getting back pain.

My back feels sore now, but not that hurting awful shocking pain that i normally got when i used a muscle there. The sore feeling is nothing compared to what i was going through.

I cant believe it, i actually slept for 6 hours straight last nite and i am taking my pain medication on like 7 hour intervals now instead of 4 hours..

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, i didnt expect to make it here so quick.. knock on wood :)

I was actually able to stretch both legs while laying down. This was a big no no before as it would pull on my lower back and cause extreme pain too..

Now the only weird thing i have is not being able to walk while standing up straight.. which i guess i need PT for since i walked funny for so long favoring my left leg that was in constant pain from the nerve getting compressed from the herniation.

• PS. i can roll over too without pain.. I havent been able to roll over, even presurgery for err like a year now..
  • Hey JC,
    glad to hear you feel better!Just don't get too excited and do something fullish,like sitting for too long.Get a cane to aid the walking.The proper posture will come back.
    Don't be in a hurry with stretching.Give you muscles a chance to heal,eh...PATIENCE and WALKING are your best friends now.
    How much are you walking a day?

Cheers,G. 8)
  • Great to hear JC.
    Yes and as you said get onto the PT so you can learn to walk correctly from the start. I was the same and it is hard to remember. When I get tired I get lazy and have to pick myself up.

I do better with short walks more often and lots of exercises in between, core stability etc.

Good for you!!!!! It does feel like such an achievement, even being able to sit :D

Blessings Sara