Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

unexplained nerve pain?

Hello i am a 27 year old female, a little bit anxious as to whats wrong with me.
5 weeks ago i starting experiencing a dull ache in both arms from my shoulders to my thumbs, I went to a physio who told me I most likely had inflammation on the n er ves in my neck, after 4 session with no change in pain i had an MRI of my cervical spine, results were all normal with slight degenerative changes appropriate for my age.

Frustrated i went to a different physio for a second opinion, he stated working on the area behind my shoulder blades and told me he thinks its dome sort of inflammation pressing on the nerves in there? The pain I have is shooting pains behind the shoulder blades, aching pains in the shoulders, down the arms and sharp pains occsionally in the fingers and wrists, the pain always stays the same and never gets worse!

Can any thoracic related conditions cause this? And be bilateral aswell!!? Im scared ive got some sort of illness! :-(

I also experice lower back pain with occasional sharp pains in the legs.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Sounds quite frustrating. I'm not a doctor..not a very smart patient either..but when your therapist made reference to inflammation with the nerves....you may want little more testing and possibly second opinion from doc...esp. before more manipulation from therapist.

MRIs like everything can be limiting. I had an EMG test...not painful..that revealed areas of concern that I was unaware of and doc treated me accordingly....regarding entire spine...thoracic and lower spine issues you stated.
    You may want to read around this site to see if thoracic issues match with your concerns..remembering everyone and their situations so different.

Before getting too anxious, if possible since tensing up doesn't help....I would find doc willing to investigate to your satisfaction.
    This site may help you to be more prepared to talk with doc and have list of questions.
    Please keep in touch and let us know what doc has to say.
    Also, keep in touch re'whatever is a concern to you. We get it here and are willing to listen and share our journeys with you !

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thankyou for your reply! Im trying to find a doctor that will listen and treat my concerns, i live in a small town in Western Australia so finding it a little bit hard. Im waiting for an appointment with my doctor though it will be a bit of a wait, i just cant help but feel anxious as ive never felt these feeling before