Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I messed up please help.......duplicate post please follow link

RobertbendallRRobertbendall Posts: 8
edited 04/09/2015 - 8:24 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone

I did post before but I didn't get a response

I'm going to post again because I would really like some answers. I live in Vietnam and the advice available is much less than the advice I can receive here. Id really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

I had a relatively minor microdiscectomy 2 weeks ago now for l5/s1

For one week after 3 days in hospital I was over the moon. Walking around fine, picking things up if I had to, just trying to limit myself in my confidence nearly.

Then I took part in a light physical activity, which I'm too ashamed to mention now, carefully and slowly for 10 minutes. After this I immediately felt uncomfortable feeling in the area of my slipped disc. I have iced it 2 times a day since and applied a hot water bottle. I've rested well and I'm scared to go back to my activeness before the stupidity. My back has been a little stiff and it feels all knotted up like it did before the surgery.

I'm very frightened that I have undone the wonders of he surgery. This feeling wasn't there in the time I got home to the time before the activity. I feel extremely anxious and regretful.

I have contacted my doctor but he is so vague with not great English. I'm angry with him, and more myself, for not giving proper strict instructions. I have done all the research myself online. I was very careful up to that point and I messed up.

Please tell me...

Is this leading to reherniation? (My sciatica is only glimpsing not a concern now)

Has this just lengthened my recovery process?

Would this feeling, knotted up and dull and aching stiffness in lumbar region, have returned at some point anyway?

I have waited 5 days now and rested and it's still there.

I suppose it's scary because of simply wasn't there post surgery

Please help

I will see my doctor in 2 days to get stitches out and ask more. I've only told him on the phone and he said 'ok normal no problem'

What id do to be in England right now just to speak to a doctor and get some insight!

Thank you

Ps. Yes I'm anxious and stuck in all if nothing thinking. Back problems can do that to people eh?

Duplicate post please follow link