Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prolotherapy, PRP, BMAC stem cells (lumbar spine - history of fusion)

I am following a regenerative path to heal my spinal problems. I have fusion of my L4 L5 and S1 vertebrae. It was a successful fusion, albeit a very long recovery from the surgery with 60 sessions of PT following the fusion. I was virtually pain free for 5 years. Four months ago, I guess I forgot how fragile my spine is because of the mechanical changes - and went rock climbing in a waist harness about a dozen times (with a heavy pack). Needless to say, I hurt the area's surrounding the fusion.

I am now having pain and arthritic changes of my disc and facets above this fusion and the SI joint below the fusion. After much research, I have decided on this. I am going to get several prolotherapy treatments and then several PRP treatments and then one stem cell treatment. I am in Phoenix and after several interviews, I believe I have found two good docs to administer all of this.

Success of these treatments is really doctor and technique dependent. There are different methods for injecting Prolotherapy, PRP and stem cells. There are also different ways to prepare each one of those treatments too. Different centrifuges, Different Kits, Different scaffold matrix for the solutions, etc.

I would like to know what had worked or not worked for folks on here regarding this regenerative medicine? What questions have you asked? Please join my discussion on these treatments. Thank you.

Note: I have already had one prolotherapy and one PRP treatment (all in the last two weeks). I am also currently doing an aggressive PT program.

• about 6 yrs ago and got 3 yrs of about pain free relief. At that time, the cost was $150 and the MD did about 8 injection sites on my shoulder. I could use more of these but seem to manage.

I had 2 dextrose Prolo sessions on right knee and they didn't help. If money were no object for me, I would definitely do the PRP injections for the right knee and foot/ankle. We have a lot of MD's and other type doctors who do these injections here in So. Calif. If they work, they are a great alternative to surgery. I've heard enough good results and I attest to my shoulder relief. Money keeps too many from trying these. I'm all for surgery as a very last resort.

I'm all for treating our body with more care. I did plenty of exercise and dancing all my life but don't think I abused it but still now deal with advancing OA.
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.
  • I had prolo on my lower back and neck a few years ago and plan to try PRP next month.
  • I had a car accident more than a year ago and fractured l1-l5 bilateral transverse processors and s1 facet. I was in a significant pain for the entire year. I had prp injections on all levels in october 2015 and within 5 weeks had 70% improvement. Today I had my second set and hope to not have pain at all. I can't recommend this treatment enough it saved my life. Let me know if you have any questions
    agnes davis