Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning in the lumbar

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,605
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Ohh Wow, just finding how bad its going to get!
There is a level beyond the burning stage,and boy,,it hurts nasty!
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• always feels as if someone lit up a match by your back and turned it of on you. its the nerves being squeezed
    hope you get better
    soft hugs
    maria
  • the only thing that i know for sure is there is a rib out of place,the pain is progressive in nature,the longer i try to power through it ,by thursday,its murder,and the pain hat i feel beyond the burning is incredible.
    I have chronic pain,usually at a 7-8 then there is the breakthrough pain,which i call the thursday pain, coz in school its usually the worst day.tears,funny noises,wiggling,laying down,etc,then there is the pain i get when ive gone too far,it goes far and away worse than the breakthrough pain, i function at a high level,coz ya build a tolerance and learn how far you can go,hence the,usual grunts, groans and gasps,hmm 3g technology?
    the only analogy i can come close to saying is like hitting your funny bone with a hammer.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    Well for sure, this is one thing that Thoracic pain sufferers have in common.
    Its that stabbing and burning feeling that you just cant get rid of. Its almost to the point, that no matter what you try, it doesnt let up. You can ice it, you can heat it, you can shock it with tens, you can medicate it , but its always there.
    Just letting you be aware. Problem is that you are looking into ways where this will not continue.
    Lets hope that we all find that route. I am positive, that for each of us there is a treatment to help deal with this issues.
    If there wasnt, they why do we continue? We go on, because we know that our loved ones want us to and need us to. So, as the receiver of that love, we must find ways challenge this thoracic pain and beat it.
    We are survivors, all of us!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • oops my bad! ya i believe your right, i have accepted that its getting worse,but docs see me coming and studiously ignor the area, ohh well when my back falls off i'll say SEE! thanks for getting back!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hey Ranchhand,
    Well I have a bad back from neck to toe and when I blew out my ass at Christmas I thought I was going to die. The burning was unreal. I went to bed and rested for a week. Took all the drugs to cope and used ice. Then on Jan. 2 went to my neuroligist and he gave me a shot (cocktail) in the butt and on the third day I was great. Couldn't tell you what was in there but it worked. So as soon as it starts I go right back in for another. It's happened once more since X-Mas.
    You need to rest it! Mister worker bee!
    Lois
  • hiya Lois, if i dont keep on the move,keep pshing i sink into a pit of self pity,and its not a good place, school is no 1 right now,so i gotta power through, i know ime pushing to hard now though,ime up to a 10/500 an hour, hour and a half up to 6 or so a day,by then my liver is aquiver and i drool on the page my head just hit,i dont like not being able to think strait,if there was a way to kill the nerve i would to tell you the truth, no ime not gonna hurt meself, its just i would trade mobility for relief right now
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement