Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am a little over three weeks post op from a four level acdf. Several days after my surgery (I was still hospitalized for complications with my heart), I was given a CT of the neck because I had worsening difficulty swallowing. That turned out to be thrush. Anyway, the results said I had a seroma "that communicates with the soft tissue swelling just below the C7 hardware level. My surgeon said it was quite common after this type of surgery and no need to worry. I took his advice because at that time, I had plenty to worry about. Now, at just over three weeks, my incision has started to throb. It has not been painful at all until now. The incision does not look inflamed, oozing or warm to the touch. There is a very small hole on one end that has not closed. Then yesterday, I ran a fever all day. No other symptoms to explain the fever. It never reached 101, but I was also taking Tylenol every four hours. Fever is still there today, but even lower. It has hovered right around 99. My normal temp is about 97.5. Anyone have any experience with this? From what I have read, it does not seem like seromas are common. One last question, I also have swelling at the back of my neck. Anyone experience this after surgery? At three weeks, it is the same size as it was almost immediately after surgery. I appreciate any input because I don't want to ignore something serious, but I also don't want to have more test, imaging, drugs, procedures, etc., that are not absolutely necessary.