Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from a Fibro gal

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hello, my name is Vicki and I have Fibromyalgia. Right now is a tough time for me, it's getting hot and humid here in Indiana and I can "feel the burn" (meaning - I can feel the pain! Do others suffer as I do with the change of the seasons? I've also noticed that I feel better when the barometric pressure is above 30.2. But heat and humidity really wear me down. I feel so badly for my husband, I don't want to go to the lake as much in the hot summer because it just wears me out - anyone else like that? I'm looking for friends, someone who understands what I'm going thru. Thanks, Vicki

• Vicki and welcome...you have come to perfect place for support and understanding. I know what you mean about weather changes , it affects my body as well. So you are not alone there chicka. Good to have you here....Miki
  • I have to ask you first where in Indiana you are from. I am a born and raised Hoosier farm girl. It is to: You can take the girl out of the country, but you can not take the country out of the girl. I miss the old days of living on 300 acres of farm land. Of course I never thought I'd say that!!!! I grew up 15 miles West of Kokomo and the nearest town was about 4 miles from that and it didn't even have a stop light just a 4 way stop sign. The last time I was out that way, I couldn't believe the beautiful homes that were built out that far from town.
    Anyway, I just made an appointment with my family doc today to get the diagnoses for Fibro. I have suspected it for some time, but dealing with the Chronic Pain from failed back surgery's, I just haven't wanted another slap thrown at me. And that is what I feel like it is going to be. Just another slap in the face.
    I do look forward to getting to know you better, So please, keep posting???
  • This weather kills me also.Iam from Indiana also I live in Huntington 20 miles west of Fort Wayne .I just had to ask for anti depressants it seems to be helping not so nervous from the pain all the time and anxity has lifted some .I just take it one day at a time and when iam down and out i go do some think nice for some well else .I thinki have learned to except fm better and learned what i can and can't do and my limints.Take care Deb
  • Thanks for your comments. It's hard not to get depressed when you feel so down, but those days do pass!
    Vicki ;)
  • Thanks so much for posting. I'm from Fort Wayne. My family grew up in Berne - a nice quiet Swiss town with lots of farmers. But I do like the bigger city of Fort Wayne.

Today I am going in for an Upper Endoscopy to see if I have damage to my esophegus for a reflux problem. So... I a little anxious so I am in more pain today. But hopefully I'll find an answer today. I haven't been able to take a vitamens, or magnesium or pain pills of any kind and I haven't been sleeping well so unfortunately, I'm in alot of pain right now. Wish me luck.

Did you get your diagnosis from the doctor regarding Fibro yet? I'm sorry your in so much pain - I feel for you.

• Deb,
    Thank you so much for posting. I am from Fort Wayne so we are pretty close. How you are you doing today? If you read the post above this one, you'll see how I'm doing today.
    You know what I have the most problem with right now? Is saying NO to things my family and spouse want me to do. Like going to the lake is very hard for me when it's hot and humid. It only makes my fibro pain worse. I had dissapointing my family and it's hard for me to put myself first, but I'm getting better at it. Then, when my husband does go to the lake without me, then I'm home - depressed. A no win situation. What do you struggle with?

• :? I also have fibromyalgia and osteoporosis. I was put in a wheelchair and walker as of July 8th.Both is severe. My bones are so thin that if I fall they will snap like twigs doc words. Last night was a bad night and today is a bad day. I go back to doc Aug.5 for a follow up for either a pain shot or B-12 shot. Sue
  • How did your endoscopy go...did they find anything?

Do you think your back pain is related to reflux?
  • suzieturnssuzieturn Posts: 1
    edited 02/06/2013 - 8:21 AM

My husband wants to divorce me because I don't want to go outside or do anything when it's hot and humid. I also have gained alot of weight and I'm literally exhausted after working everyday and need to recover from a 5 day work week.

This discussion has been closed.