Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Depending on my stimulator even more since I just stopped pain meds

To all my dear spiney friends, I am sorry I have sorta been absent from this topic for awhile but I will try to be better about checking in and out. I still am having success with my stim. It's not 100%. But it does help lots. I need to have mine adjusted - something that should be done about every 3 months in my opinion. Anyway, since I just stopped taking all pain medications due to a health scare regarding my heart, I am especially glad to have this "tool" in my arsenal. I also use Lidoderm patches, fyi. And aspirin! Best to all. Kathy

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 04/18/2015 - 11:01 AM
    Sorry about your heart scare....but so good to hear the stimulator is working so well...that you're even off your pain meds!

It's so good to share in good news!

Take care! and continued best wishes!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi Kathyy,
    I'm hoping to get some information on SCS and see that it has helped you out which is so encouraging for me to hear. Where is your pain located and where was the unit implanted?
    I've had chronic neck and shoulder pain since a MVA on 2/06 and have been through every treatment I heard of. I've had 2 discectomies and fusions, several epidurals, hundreds of trigger point injections, botox, years of physical therapy, chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and probably some more that I can't remember. Nothing has really helped my pain and I'm reduced to taking pain meds daily. They help but I don't want to have to rely on them to function.
    My dr. thinks that SCS will help but I can't find info on it that says it's recommended for the neck. All I see is for the lower back. I'm scared and don't want to be anyone's guinea pig:(
    I would be grateful for any advice you could give!!
    Thank you!!!
  • If you go to spinal cord implant forum you will see a very long journal I have tried to keep updated on my experience with SCS. Mine is for my lumbar area, though. Not neck. It is a big decision but you will have to go through a pretty extensive "test" before having an implant to see if it will help you.

Mine has been helpful but not an end to pain. It is, as I have stressed, another "tool" in my arsenal of pain fighting. But it has been a good thing for me. Still, the actual implant sites themselves can cause more discomfort. There just isn't any perfect "10" when it comes to pain relief and spinal issues, I am afraid. Kathy