Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling stuck

I have been feeling stuck and I do not know how to help myself. I am currently on the cancelation list for my double cervical fusion and this not knowing when the surgery is is killing me. The surgeon wanted me on the list to get me in sooner but they can not tell me when the surgery will be. The only thing they could tell me was to stay in town, alway have my phone on and just be ready. They said it would be before summer but when is "before summer" for the hospital? It has taken me two years to get to the surgery point and I am just so ready to get on with recovery. I am 28 years old and for the last 8 months my quality of life has not been good. I was so active before the two discs in my neck herniated and then degenerated and now i am not able to do anything. The only thing I can do is walk slowly on the treadmill. This warmer weather has made me so depressed because I just want to get outside and be active. I know I have a long road ahead of me with recovery, but I don't now how to not feel depressed for myself. Everyone in my life besides my husband and I are planning their summer trips, making plans and moving on with their lives.
If anyone has been in this situation or can shed some light it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to feel normal again and this not know and living on edge is really getting to me.

• Hang in there! Everything involved with the spine seems to be a slow process, whether it is from dealing with insurance companies to recovery. Have some comfort in knowing that you are one of many going through a similar situation. Don't be afraid to lean on your family and friends for help.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    .....I'm not planning vacation!
    Seriously, I know it very frustrating to have schedule up in the air, esp when you are hopeful to regain some of your previous activity level.

But you've been promised a date...vague as it is....so it's in your near future. That's good!

One thing my spinal issues have taught me through forced limitations on my body .......is to be more patient with myself. Once I started treating myself as I would another hurting human being.....much easier for me to be less anxious. Anxiety and pain is not a good combination for me.

As you said, you'll be recovering after surgery, and that will require patience so you can heal properly......you can't really hurry the healing process.

Hopefully, your husband is an encouragement and support to you....and a helpful distraction as you are in this waiting period.
    In the meantime, be kind and patient with yourself :)
    Good luck with your upcoming surgery!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History