Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain where I didn't have before!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Spinal Injections
I had my 2nd CESI yesterday. 1st gave maybe 2 days relief. This one - OMG! My arms feel like they weigh 100 lbs each. My left hand/elbow is in pain - and they didn't hurt before! My fingers were so curled and I couldn't straighten them. I can now, but still much pain. And a Mondo headache! :O
What the heck?!
I've left a message for the Dr.
Anyone had this?

• actually had something similar happen to me but it was when I had an ablation after the initial injections. Keep on the phone until your doc calls you back. I hope that you can get some relief and get it quickly. Please keep us posted....take care...Miki
  • We went over everything and basically it's a case of the what he called nerve "trauma", I guess like nicking a nerve. When I told him about the problem being on the left, when my pain was on the right, he said that with all my neck damage and dealing with fractions of fractions, the solution went the wrong way unfortunately. He said the headache was also definately correlated. He told me to take 600 mg ibuprofren every 6 hours. He also gave me a phone number to call him in morning.
  • I called Dr. this morning to tell him things were the same and had added shoulder pain. He is calling in script for Soma. He said it won't help nerve pain but should help the tension pain that is being added because of the nerve pain. Also to drink lots of fluids / electrolytes.
    He told me he has one "Abby Normal" a week and I must be the one this week. - NICE! :(