Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four weeks after laminectomy.

I am 4 weeks after MIS L34,L45 laminectomy for severe spinal stenosis. I AM 55y. male in good physical shape before surgery(exercised daily). The recovery is tough, but now I am walking 2 miles a day, waiting for physio in 2 weeks. Still have a lot of pain, burning, spasms in legs, butt, lower back that pain change and moving daily.
never had there pains before surgery(before surgery could not stand or walk more than 5 min without legs going very heavy. Now I can stand straight and dreadful feel in legs disappeared). But sitting what problem. I cannot sit more than 5-10 min. I feel like I will break in half in my lower back after minimal sitting. I am off painkillers and take mostly regular Tylenol at night only.
I am wondering is it normal feels like this in 4 weeks?. I don't have follow up till 8 weeks off.
Thanks. Andrew.

• ivymiivym Posts: 278
    edited 04/29/2015 - 4:59 AM
    I have not personally had this experience but I have heard more than one person say this sort of thing.
  • Hi Andrew , you may remember me from the other thread but I too am exactly 4 weeks out like you and I am very frustrated like you. I was doing a lot better last week and all of a sudden this week I need pain meds when I haven't needed them since week 1. My butt is hurting even when I'm laying down now the last few days. I'm getting pretty concerned but since you're the same amount of time out as me, just know we are going through this together and hopefully it is normal. If there's anyone else out there that can help ease our fears that would be great I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and see what he says and will let you know.
  • Hi Maria,
    Yes I remember. You described exactly what I am going through. Couple of day more pain and burning. Even took advil twice today. My be I overwalk a little . This is frustrating. Will take easy next few days, hope this settle down. Good you can call you doctor, for me it is almost impossible. Hope you will feel better tomorrow