Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now I have my own pain center horror story.....

My regular Dr is out having a baby so they had to get someone. I was praying based on my situation that I could get one more visit in before she left because I just knew from here on out I'll receive no treatment. If you have read any of my posts last month I had overwhelming results with the extended release morphine with the break through pain med. Happy as happy could be I wanted to start working again and last week I got my chance, just 5 hours Sunday. From there I hit my bed and started to worry, Monday came and I could not walk. I called this in and requested a shot and knowing my regular appointment was Wednesday I figured it would get better. I was wrong, the pain is everywhere and is shooting and rotating. The Morphine is doing nothing, I'm wondering why at this point I'm taking it as I can not get ahead of my pain no matter what and the kicker I have to do this work again this Sunday. ((((frantic))))

I go in hoping my Dr did not have her baby and I get some wacko telling me that in 6 months there is something coming to the states that they will inject into my back like wires hooked up to electrodes ((who cares)) I'm in front of her telling her that I'm here now and I need relief. She shows me my chart and says I'm at my max level for pain meds, at this point I don't even know what to say as she said I can discuss it with my DR. I said no thank-you knowing I'll see him Monday for the injections and he's getting an ear full. So this big discussion comes up and then I say how about lowering my Morphine and increasing my break through and her mouth dropped and the receptionists mouth dropped as I was numbered a pain med seeker 10 minutes prior. Oh it's a different story now right, hows that lower whats not working and increase something that is. What is that to retro for her.

I'll no question end up in the ER today for a shot of what I take for breakthrough two days of bed rest and I have made a commitment for Sunday to help out, shots on Monday and my Dr is going to get an ear full as this person they hired has no business in this field and I'm even wondering if her DEA number is real as she made note of it twice. Reading over my file she said, I've said in the past I've not been perfect but since lost 28 lbs every pill count has been perfect all my drug screens have been clean and for the most part I never ask for anything and shes going to toss out my chart and a break through electrode that's going to hit the states in 6 months. What about right now, shouldn't we talk about the problem and come up with a solution?

Everyone what's the Bible say? Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will bring it's own worries!!!! I want to walk today, I want the pain to go away today. This is where addiction starts, not with me with people who prescribe these med's who have no idea what they are doing? Seriously I'm very tempted to work this out on my own but I know where that will lead, down a road that I'm not willing to travel but not everyone has this attitude nor motivation. I'm going to the Er as there really may be something else going on, even that should have been talked about but it wasn't. So I'll go there see if I can get back on top of the pain, I know I'll have shots Monday that in the past have had little effect but at least the area will be numb for a few days and from there keep trying to lose weight maybe buy some new insoles in my shoes, some bed rest. This women should be fired, period and for so many more reasons than I could list.

I'm up very early today, my roommate is feeding the birds and looked over at me and said OMG it's 5am why are you awake, the pain Jack I cant sleep. Yes I better get to the ER. I have to go to the ER to get treatment and they will tell me it's not a Pain center.
advertisement