Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
hello everyone. i just found this site today and it seems like a good one. i am 30 years old and have osteoarthritis that has gotten to the bone on bone stage in L3. i also have extra bones in my back that connect my hips to my vertebrae which is what caused my cartilage to wear down. i just found this out about 5 months ago and i am already sick of this crap. the extra bones have a weird space between them that now have bone spurs forming so it just grinds all day long. i have been thru pt, had the tens machine(did not work), and i have tried steroid shots which only worked for three days. now i am going to see someone for rfa which i am not even sure will work because my anatomy is so different from the norm. has anyone had this done that could give me some info? i am also very frusterated with the pain med situation. my doctor will not give me anything stronger than tylenol 3 which does nothing. i am ready to just have it all fused and say forget it. the pain is a very difficult thing to deal with because i have always been active and i have a 4 year old daughter that i can no longer do anything physical with. i'm sure that is something everyone visiting these pages can understand. if anyone has any advice on my situation i would welcome it. thanks.

• Hello Brandy and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for all the pain you're going through but sorry I can't help you with this. Did you get a second opinion? I think you should.
    Take care and keep us posted.

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps it is time to find a new pm doctor who will give you adequate medication. there is no need for you to be suffering so! especially get a second opinion if you are thinking of surgery. the more information you have, the better the end result! i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)