Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op ......possible LYRICA?

Long story short Im post op 3 weeks from a fusion and Micridiskectomy. I still have bad nerve pain that Ive had since previouse back surgery 2 years prior. My doctor wants to put mw on LYRICA.... READ SOME NASTY things about this drug. Anyone taken it? Experiences with it

Im 21 year old female. I already suffer from anxiety and little depression but really aware of what I need for myself to be happy.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    .....know of your concerns re' the med? Doc is best to help you weigh pros and cons and or explain his thought process in prescribing for you.

I have read posts where people like it and some do not. Each person is so different re' treatments and effectiveness.

Myself, I am allergic to Lyrica...so I didn't get a chance to find out.
    I hope you find relief for your nerve pain soon.
    Good luck!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 05/02/2015 - 7:36 AM
    Have you tried Gabapentin or Savella in the past? For me all 3 come with different degrees of the same sort of side effects.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    I've been taking Lyrica since last July. In the last few weeks I got up to 100mg twice a day and I kept a running email dialogue with my Pain Doctor. At first I felt good but an exaggerated sense of well being. (No, I'm not bipolar and have never been diagnosed as such.) Then I thought the Lyrica was "ok" but I started rereading what I was typing and I had no idea what I was trying to say! I thought someone else was joking and putting words into my work. And then, last week I was in such a brain fog I walked into the middle of traffic (in Philadelphia this can be suicidal!) I told my pain doc and he left me a new script to go lower on the dose. Of course now I want OFF but it's not good to just stop these meds because they can cause seizures. I have a history of 6 "spells" ( doctors could not reproduce the spells under clinical conditions so they were not called actual seizures). I'll slowly lower my Lyrica to see when my brain returns to normal functioning and hopefully, all the pain doesn't come back. It seemed like Lyrica was helping what I called, background pain. Just those aches that are constant but not limiting. But walking into traffic again would be very limiting!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)