Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long story short Im post op 3 weeks from a fusion and Micridiskectomy. I still have bad nerve pain that Ive had since previouse back surgery 2 years prior. My doctor wants to put mw on LYRICA.... READ SOME NASTY things about this drug. Anyone taken it? Experiences with it

Im 21 year old female. I already suffer from anxiety and little depression but really aware of what I need for myself to be happy.

• I have taken lyrica ,to start with I felt very tired on this drug, after a few weeks my body adjusted .The only side effect I was left with was weight gain.I gained about half a stone but since coming off it,I have lost that weight .
    For pain it use to work really well,but I found my body got use to it and it didn't work as we'll the longer I took it but everyone's experience with this drug will be different.
    I hope it works for you and gives you some pain relief.
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.
  • I've been taking Lyrica for almost 9 months along with other meds. It really helps my nerve pain in my neck. But, it does not help any other pain. I'm not sure I can or will get off it ever, unless there is a problem. I did gain a lot of weight....but I"ve been very inactive and eating sugary foods. Make sure to stay in close contact with your primary Dr. I see mine several times per year, and she checks all my vitals/organs to make sure all is ok. Good luck!
  • I was on Lyrica for about 8 months. I was not a fan of it at all. It made me feel groggy all the time and just kind of out of it. I am 28 years old and have two bad degenerative discs in my neck, I am just waiting to have surgery to hopefully help with all my pain. When I was on Lyrica I ended up getting Serotonin syndrome which is a high level of serotonin accumulated in your system. If left untreated it can be life threading. My Dr and I decided that I should stop all medication except the pain medication because my body was not doing well on everything I was putting into my system. The nerve pain did come back when I stopped taking Lyrica but I also started to kind of feel normal again when I was off of it.

Good Luck on your journey.

• I was so disappointed cause so many have had positive results with it, but it made me hyper, very tired, hard to focus and
    nervous. Tried it a couple of times but no luck.
    You could do fantastic lets hope it works out that way, we are all so different when it comes to medications for sure.
    Take care Sherri