Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to sleep on back

Given my upper and lower body pain, I have been advised to sleep on back. It helps but I have difficulty doing it all the time.
I put a pair of cushions underneath the knees and a cervical pillow for the neck. However, after a few hours, I have the urge to move a little bit , e.g. tilt the head on one side. After some time of struggling with that, I switch to sleeping on the side.

So my question is , do back sleepers sleep in one position throughout the night or do they change positions and if so what can you do. It probably sounds very stupid but this has been helping me and so I need to get into the details of how to work on this

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I think it's normal for some repositioning during the night....not too much pressure on one area extended time and body's way to keep circulation moving, too.

To stay on back during night, you might want to try support...like rolled towel or blanket..to lightly support area of your body that is not touching the bed. I'm thinking of sides, supporting rib areas for one,.... maybe shoulder areas....
    The pillow or pillows under your knees could also be repositioned...to support the calves and less pressure of heels on bed....legs more separate or more close together. Enough for body to feel relief as it wakes you during the night.

Just some ideas. Hope you able to get your needed rest!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History