Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Water Cooler
On the old health site, Sweetlilbug started a topic on
There was tons of responses and so many good movies that were mentioned.

I dont know why, but tonight as I was responding to one of Ben's posts, a movie popped into my head.

OLD YELLAR. I still remember to this day the ending, when the Old Yellar was already stricken with rabies and when the boy opened the door to the pen/house just a little, the dog lunged at him. Then when he had to take his rifle and shoot the dog.

I remember crying so much at that ending.

To me, what makes movies good:
- You enjoy it and walking out content
What makes a movie GREAT
- You walk out either CRYING or LAUGHING

Put all that aside, still one of my favorite movie combos:

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I liked old yeller too,and the sequel savage sam,where the red fern grows,jaws 1 and 2,12 angry men, titanic,all the planet of the ape movies,the poseidon adventure,the towering inferno...
  • Ron, I bet when you saw Daniel Boone post it reminded you of Old Yellar? It did SAME for me.....lol

If you didn't cry when Old Yellar got shot, better check ur pulse, cause ur dead.

Cory....You a Planet of The Apes dude, too? ah man, I loved those movies as a kid. In first one, where Charlton Heston and hot, mute woman are riding along the beach and camera pans behind some big spine things. Then it shows it from the front!!! Man, that got me every time i watched it.

Famous Line:

"Get your hands off of me you damned dirty ape"!!
  • From Russia With Love
    You Only Live Twice
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Live and Let Die (probably my favorite...I just couldn't figure out how he was gonna get off that island of dirt with all those alligators coming after him.)
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    For Your Eyes Only

Bit of trivia: What famous actress starred in 2 Bond films as a "Bond Girl" and what are the movies?
  • I love "Raising Arizona"
    It's a movie that I can watch over and over and I never fail to laugh.

I love all of the Die Hard movies too.

I agree with the Planet of the Apes. However, have you realized now, that we're older, how bad the acting really was?
    Remember this line from Charlton Heston?
    "Soylent Green is PEOPLE! It's PEOPLE!"

Oof, bad acting LOL! Oddly, it still doesn't take away from the movies.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    American Graffiti and Hollywood Nights (Knights?) I can watch those over and over again.
  • All the old western and war movies. Grew up watching them with my dad and now my girls whatch them with me. Also like action,horror and sci-fi.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Besides the Movies themselves, there are so many famous lines
    Here is a little mind-twister to get us all unwound:

1 - Say Hello to my Little Friend (gave that one away)
    2 - I didnt know until today, that it was Barsini
    3 - Its good for you Pop
    4 - Shaken not stirred
    5 - Surely you can't be serious
    6 - I love the smell of napalm in the morning
    7 - Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads
    8 - We're on a mission from God
    9 - They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!
    10 - Kid, the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia
    11 - Come out, come out, wherever you are!
    12 - Here's looking at you, kid.
    13 - You'll shoot your eye out
    14 - You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?
    15 - Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns!
  • 1. Scarface
    2. The Godfather
    3. ????"It's good for you Pop" - In my mind I see a boy in overalls feeding a sick father some kind of soup, but that's all the comes to mind on this one... I'll keep thinking about it...
    4. Diamonds are forever
    5. Airplane
    6. Apocalypse Now
    7. Back to the future
    8. The Blues Brothers
    9. Braveheart
    10. Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
    11. Thiller
    12. Casablanca
    13. A Christmas Story
    14. Dirty Harry
    15. The Breakfast Club
  • I had forgotten about Hollywood Knights. That was one of the funniest movies I ever saw!
  • second that....very impressive....bravo!!!! :)
  • "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
    Ben, thats from Animal House when Dean Werner was lecturing the boys. It was directed at Flounder

Vicki, you ARE GOOD...

Ok #3 Another one from the Godfather, when Michael and the Don were sitting in the garden. The Don was drinking wine and he said to Michael, " I am drinking my wine lately"

#11, Not Thriller, but Cape Fear with Robert DeNiro.
    (But that same line was used in Thriller, so you are right)

• You know # 15 was also used in couple of other movies. The names have slipped my mind. But one was about the dreb that wanted to go out with one of the popular girls and his best friend (a female, drummer)used the line when trying to show her tough side.Why I can't remember the name of the movies or any of the actors name I assume is due to getting older. LOL
    The fact that I remember 14 of the 15 just shows how little I get out and how much time I spend in front of a TV. I think many may say I've become a bit of a recluse.
  • So I'll dig up my list of classics I like later. We rarely go to the movie theater. Have seen 2 lately that I liked.

Bucket List. This movie made me laugh and cry. Those 2 make a great acting pair. You just wouldn't expect it.

Wanted. Ok so if Angelina is in it. I'm watching it. That said it was pretty cool. Good special effects. Angie is still hot. Didn't laugh much and almost cried at the end.

Ben - The #1 Bond Girl of all time isn't even on your Bond movie list... Dr. No. Ursula Andress. One of the most naturally beautiful women I have ever seen.

• Would have to do another list if based on "Bond Girls"....

There were a lot of other Bond movies, i just posted the classics I remember growing up.

In other words....I was thinking with the head on my shoulders. ;)
  • Now as far as "chick flicks" are concerned, I think no#1 is the "Witches of Eastwick" }:) }:) }:) }:) followed by "Grand Canyon" (is that the one with Susan Sarandon and Brad Pitts?). :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Now these are movies only women can appreciate!

How about it guys?

Kin }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)

• Name that movie, which I'm sure everyone will know, or at least the younger spineys should!

"Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts!"

Love that movie, have it stuck in my head, I watched it a lot this weekend...

Ok, no fair checking the Internet on this one:

To date there have been three movies made about
    King Kong. Two were very good, one should never have been made

Try answering: (questions apply to each movie)

Date (Year)
    Name of movie
    Actors - Names they played in the movie
    Actresses - ""
    Name of Ship:
    Name of Island:
    Where did she escape from on the Island? How?

How was Kong Captured?
    Where did they have the NY Showing of Kong?
    How did he escape?
    Where did he go?
    How did he die?

• dates,1933,1976,2005,also did i mention ilike the tarzan movies?
  • They've been showing it on one of the premium channels this month- HBO, Movie Channel or something along those lines. I watched it the other night for the first time in years and still loved it!

"There's a certain 'WANG' to this punch. I've had this taste in my mouth before!"

Too funny!
  • 1st time for everything....

Im impressed!! :jawdrop: Good for you...you actually do use that thing between your ears sometimes!! :D :D :D :D Im sooooo proud

• 1. You're dead meat pilgrim.
    2. Wendy, darling, light of my life. I'm not going to hurt you.
    3. Hey Goose ya big stud. Take me to bed or loose me forever.
    4. I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
    5. Flush the bombers, get the subs in launch mode, we are at Defcon 1.
    6. So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?
    7. Oh, in 200 hundred years we have come from; I regret I have but 1 life to give for my country to f@#k you!
    8. I run this station by strict guidelines set by military intelligence. Military intelligence, now there's a contradiction in terms.
    9. What is your major malfunction numbnuts!
    10. The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure your f@#*ed...
  • Oh Terrie.......thanks!
    I remember 1st time watching that movie and that line!!!

Have to buy that one on DVD.
  • Date (1976)
    Name of movie (King Kong)
    Actors - Names they played in the movie
    Actresses - (her name was Jessica something)""
    Name of Ship: (Exxon Valdez? ...lol, sorry)
    Name of Island: (Skull Island)
    Where did she escape from on the Island? (the natives lived in a big walled enclosure) How? (Kong was fighting with huge snake and girl escaped with guy)

How was Kong Captured? (Fell into a pit filled with gas)
    Where did they have the NY Showing of Kong?
    How did he escape? (he got pissed because ppl were shoving his girl around)

Where did he go? (World Trade Center)
    How did he die? (He put the girl down and he took too many bullets, then fell off the top of building)

without googling it , thats all I remember. I got another one:

Why did he pick the World Trade Center?
  • Home Alone....

"get on your knees and tell me you love me"

anyone remember when it was said and how?

my all time favorite movie is probably: The African Queen
  • From Home Alone??? for real???
  • #2.) The Shining

#9.) Full Metal Jacket - sarge yelling at pyle.

• Is it from the scene when Kevin is watching that gangster movie?
  • When he was using lines from that movie when the pizza was being delivered! My son was three when he saw it and used to repeat that line all the time!